Blacktail Deer Plateau home, and my music's playing
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The girl huffed, shooting a death glare at the bird before twisting back to face Aditya, who seemed to be holding back laughter. Plastering on a hurt expression, she sniffed, but quickly dissolved into snorts when she noted the disdainful, stupid expression of the bird in the tree. Adi's last words, however, had an idea spring to mind. She'd done it before (months ago) and it hadn't gone too badly, after all. Glint in her eye, she said only,  "wait here. I'll only be a second." 

Circling around the bird, she approached the base of the tree with a twitching tail, eyes on the bird that seemed interested in Aditya. It swayed, and it occured to her that turkeys didn't really seem like they belonged in trees. She'd help this one get back on the ground, though, and shortly after that (if all went well) into their stomachs. Rearing up silently, she dug her claws into the bark, exerting enough force to have them pierce it. Tail lashing, eyes on the spot where the lowest branch met the trunk, she prepared. With a mightly lunge she made the leap, dragging herself wildly onto the now swaying branch, turkey all stretched out in its alarm, frozen. She gained her footing after a few wild tilts, delivering a snap and a bark before the turkey finally moved, shooting itself out of the tree and in the general direction of Aditya, a mess of plump bird, cast-off feathers and madly beating wings. The last snap had sent her a little too far off balance, however, and she crashed out of the lower branches after it. Landing with an "oof"  and a thump, she gained her feet after a few moments, blinking after Adi to see if it'd worked.

After one too many "adventures", she learned how to fall.
Messages In This Thread
home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - November 20, 2017, 04:01 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Dawn - November 22, 2017, 07:41 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - November 23, 2017, 09:42 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Dawn - December 01, 2017, 05:08 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - December 04, 2017, 03:54 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Dawn - December 06, 2017, 07:54 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - December 08, 2017, 05:31 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Dawn - December 08, 2017, 06:28 PM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - December 09, 2017, 11:34 AM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Dawn - December 09, 2017, 11:46 AM
RE: home, and my music's playing - by Aditya - December 09, 2017, 12:11 PM