King Elk Forest -- when the ones that damn the innocent are on the nightly news
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

despite growing into her newfound coldness, she does not find delight guilty.  it is not him that should have come looking for her. she has come to realize that mato had done the pragmatic thing by staying.  they had no scout, and there had been nobody here when she had disappeared — tindome would have fallen to its knees.

still. he did what was best for the pack, not for them together, and as such had made the decision for them.

it was something she didn't want to put onto delight.  he did not deserve to feel guilty for her disappearance, he did not deserve the chill she brought with her wherever she went.

i do not blame you, and you should not blame yourself either.  but she does not know how to answer how it went with mato.  it had not gone well to say the least.

we are, let's say, taking a break, she says flatly, and it is all she cares to give — he could pry into her capture and she would relinquish more information than she ever would to this.  i think i will be taking this time to pursue a different trade.  i am not suited to be a counselor anymore, i have no desire for it. how are you coming along?
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]