Redhawk Caldera yes yes, bombay is very nice this time of year.
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
His ears flicked -- loud and wrong.  Though admittedly they hadn't crossed paths so he could fix Towhee's pronunciation, It's 'Key--' hell, you know what, deal with it later.  She was already starting to turn away. And honestly, it didn't matter too much as long as he knew he was being spoken to.  He followed.

Since he'd been gone so much wandering around trying to find the best approach, Quixote wanted to make sure to do a bit of an info dump in case he was gone when some tactics were discussed.  Speaking to Towhee was thus a good thing, as she certainly was more gung-ho about the whole thing than some of the others, just judging by expressions.  If Towhee thought he had a valid point, certainly she'd make sure it reached the right people... Right?

His rambling would, without interruptions, would be summarized like this: I mean, do you think they know we're coming soon?  If they're watching the side closer to us, it may be better to cross the mesa or whatever that's near them.  Then we could come in from the south instead of the western side of things.  The only problem is that I think it may be kind of swampy more to the southeast -- snow's covering a lot of it now so I can't tell for sure, but if it's frozen solid it might not be a bad entry point, as long as we don't get stuck in freezing mud.  It's also double the distance than a straight line, so may effect when we leave.  Comparatively, I think the north side of their lands has more wolves traversing it in general, so south probably has less of a chance of running into one of them while we're still in transit, but that's also an option.  Obviously he'd clarify anything  as he went along, even scrawling a stick-figure level map if needed, but it was clear he definitely had a preference for an approach from the south or southeast via the mesa over other possible routes.

He'd also note that he had several plans for defense should some of the Blackfeathers survive and seek revenge at a later date.  Hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.  Though that did bring up a frightening question which he kept to himself, even if it did send a slight bristle down his spine -- how many would die?
Messages In This Thread
yes yes, bombay is very nice this time of year. - by Finley - December 21, 2017, 01:08 PM
RE: yes yes, bombay is very nice this time of year. - by Quixote - January 07, 2018, 05:21 PM