Blackfeather Woods i have almost forgotten the taste of fear
in our town the hangman came, smelling of gold, blood and flame
390 Posts
Ooc — jal
Away
"Soon." Vaati eyes the horizon, the distance between where they stood and the Caldera. He can only anticipate them coming tomorrow, and if not tomorrow, then the day after that and so on. The wolves of Blackfeather Woods are prepared, he is prepared, it is only a matter of when they should be prepared for that leaves him slightly anxious. 

But as he sees her eyes cast down, he sighs, knowing it is pointless to try and talk a child out of fear. It can't be done; they don't understand what they do and don't need to fear. They won't, until they are old enough to comprehend existence itself, to understand that eternity awaits them in the Void. No earthly harm should strike fright within them as no earthly force can take them to the darkness unless it is Sithis' will. Touching her cheek with his nose, he seeks to ease her concern, playing into her believe of the Daedric deities. "Don't worry, you won't be harmed. The gods have not called you to the blackness, not yet. There is too much in store for you, Maegi Melonii, to fear what may come at the hands of these mortal filth who seek to take what isn't theirs to reap. Only Sithis and Mephala have that right and only they will decide the fate of Blackfeather Woods when the storm comes. Not them." Vaati says so confidently, perhaps too assuredly, but without a sliver of hesitance in the face of his sister's uncertainty. It is the Caldera's mistake to believe that they are collectively the Judges, the Jurors and the Executioners in the situation at play; as if they had any authority to decide what Blackfeather Woods did was right or wrong. Not even the Cerberus had that right.

In this, Vaati is not necessarily confident they will win, but believes wholly that they will survive. They will survive, by any means necessary; as is the Blackfeather way.
for the sins of the unworthy
must be baptized in blood & fear
Messages In This Thread
i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - December 22, 2017, 02:01 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - December 26, 2017, 06:14 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - December 29, 2017, 06:03 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - December 29, 2017, 06:44 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 12, 2018, 04:22 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 14, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 14, 2018, 01:08 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 14, 2018, 11:37 PM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Vaati - January 21, 2018, 11:42 AM
RE: i have almost forgotten the taste of fear - by Maegi - January 22, 2018, 02:27 PM