Redhawk Caldera Damocles
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Like any job-seeker he had done a reasonable job talking up his resume, but at least right now he hadn't gone too far outside his comfort zone, These parts involving the approach, yes, on a sightly smaller scale.  And then fought in it, and since I'm still alive, those I learned from had to be doing something right.  Trying to herd around a small group of unruly hotheads was far less than directing a pack's worth of wolves, but to a certain point, he figured the entropy caused by a number of steady individuals would match up with that created by a group of overly-enthusiastic non-thinkers.

Either way, it wasn't a particularly convincing note to end on, so he continued, The approach is a pretty basic thing to learn and apply.  And I know there's not enough time to go train people in squads and then gather all the proper interior-territory recon, then plan based on the recon and squad chemistry, then figure out how the Drageda wolves work in to it, and so on.  There's a whole extra.. I don't know, five layers of planning possible if there was time and I had more experience in those areas.  But I suppose we do what we can with what's available, and at this point I think that only thing is just trying to give everyone the best entry possible and hoping things go well from there.  He didn't appreciate chaos all that much, but he wasn't working with a well-oiled machine.  As far as he knew, all sides involved were novices.  Nobody had mentioned if their enemies had marched to war on some other, now nonexistent pack, and if the Caldera wolves had done so in the past, there wasn't any evidence.  How to herd a bunch of puppies? There were ways. Greatest advantage for minimal time and training.  And hope that Blackfeather wasn't secretly training an actual army, but that was beside the point.

His expression did take a slightly more dour turn, though his words were almost a plea, For the sake of everyone, I hope it doesn't become a common thing.  If it does, I personally suggest relocating -- fighting battles people have forgotten the reasons for is no way to live.  It's not worth the lives, nor the sanity.  And that was what he was truly worried he'd stepped into, the same problems blooming anew.  That he was somehow cursed to bring such a fate along with him wherever he went.  He hoped Finley agreed with that, and he chanced to search her expression to see, but Quixote wouldn't be surprised if she stated that they would always stay put, no matter what.  The black wolf did have his limits, though, and if again they were tested, again he would likely act on them.
Messages In This Thread
Damocles - by Quixote - January 06, 2018, 10:00 PM
RE: Damocles - by Finley - January 07, 2018, 09:16 AM
RE: Damocles - by Quixote - January 07, 2018, 02:17 PM
RE: Damocles - by Finley - January 08, 2018, 06:39 PM
RE: Damocles - by Quixote - January 08, 2018, 11:41 PM
RE: Damocles - by Finley - January 14, 2018, 12:25 PM
RE: Damocles - by Quixote - January 16, 2018, 03:25 AM
RE: Damocles - by Finley - January 20, 2018, 04:18 PM
RE: Damocles - by Quixote - February 08, 2018, 01:27 AM
RE: Damocles - by Finley - February 10, 2018, 01:51 PM