Stone Circle Matters of life
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette sat down before her and then seemed to notice how nervous Cebra was. Was there something wrong? Wasn't she happy? But then Valette realized when she started about breeding. Mawk and Cebra were the only mated couple in their pack. So it did make sense that they would ask permission to breed. Though, Valette's first thought was an instant 'No'. She didn't voice that out loud. She wanted her own pups but she didn't have anyone and she didn't want the repetition of what happened with Ezekiel.

Cebra continued that her three children were getting older now. But Burr was injured and couldn't help and Rowana was still missing. Only their newly found Cyron could help them. But Valette didn't want to press those facts too much. It wouldn't be a very nice thing to do and she did like Cebra and Mawk in her pack. At her last words, Valette felt even a bit bad. She remembered saying that to the couple when they arrived. She let Cebra speak before speaking herself.

"Cebra... I don't know. I know what it is like to want another litter badly but...," she sighed. She also remembered that Cebra hadn't returned for a long time giving Mawk some severe distress with the only reason was that she wasn't ready to come home yet. That sounded like some mental issues and having pups might not help her case. Valette didn't want to judge Cebra, on the contrary, she wanted to help her. Valette just didn't know how she could put it nicely. Perhaps it would make her sound judgemental.

"You've only just returned to Easthollow. You suffered quite some injuries, and Mawk was so stressed out of losing you and your three kids that he stopped caring for himself. You only found Cyron recently. I am just not convinced having another litter of children would benefit the both of you. It would be a lot of extra stress and pressure. Of course, Easthollow would help like we have done in the past... But for me as a leader, it was also quite stressful to keep hearing that your children have gone missing," she admitted.

Valette now felt a bit like a bad guy. She even looked a bit guilty for saying those things. She took in a deep sigh. Because Cebra knew Valette cared about Mawk and her, right? "It is a no for now. I am sorry. I don't feel it is the right thing to do right now. Ask me again when spring comes around and you haven't gotten your heat yet," she stated. Perhaps if Valette didn't decide to breed this year she might give Mawk and Cebra a chance later in the season. It was much like Nanook had been super honest with her and told her not to breed as well. It was a bit of a shock but she had seen the truth in it, perhaps it would be the same for Cebra. Valette only said this because she cared for the couple. "What was Mawk's opinion on another litter?," she asked curiously then. Because she wondered if the male was mentally ready after having to go through what he had gone through while Cebra had been away as well.
Messages In This Thread
Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 13, 2018, 12:36 AM
RE: Matters of life - by RIP Valette - January 15, 2018, 05:27 AM
RE: Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 15, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: Matters of life - by RIP Valette - January 16, 2018, 04:58 AM
RE: Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 16, 2018, 02:19 PM
RE: Matters of life - by RIP Valette - January 18, 2018, 03:50 AM
RE: Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 19, 2018, 11:46 AM
RE: Matters of life - by RIP Valette - January 20, 2018, 06:13 AM
RE: Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 20, 2018, 07:11 PM
RE: Matters of life - by RIP Valette - January 22, 2018, 03:52 AM
RE: Matters of life - by Illecebra - January 23, 2018, 07:40 AM