The Sentinels the veil
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He's so mopey.. >.>
His mind echoed on the remnants of his past and the pain it inflicted – that he had inflicted – upon himself. He did not notice the tension that stirred at his companion at the mention of Aria’s name, believing that the issue having been settled prior.

She nudged at him, reassuring him. He pulled his gaze down to her then, his eyebrows knotted in a way that revealed his emotion of failure, despite the words that slipped past her delicate muzzle. “My fault,” he decided then, feeling his teeth grind in that moment with his own tension.  “They weren’t ready. I should have looked after them. Instead, I was the paternal figure that kicked them out of the nest, insisting they fly rather than showing them how to.” He paused then, a snort escaping his nostrils as he stilled in that moment.

“I failed Aria, too. We settled with a pack called Moonspear come winter, knowing we couldn’t raise a pack before the harsher months hit. She had a friend she trusted there, and so I withdrew from her. I went back one day to check on Donnelaith.. To see how Deirdre and Emaleth were doing. And I found this.” He paused, his features darkening as he swept his muzzle in an arc, taking his last word and revealing all that had been left was smoke and ash. “I couldn’t find their scent. There was no trail to follow. So I walked – and I walked.. and I didn’t stop. I didn’t tell her where I was going. Or try to return to her. And now, she doesn’t even know who she is.”

His ears fanned back to his skull, and he considered Casmir, and what his dark brother would say regarding everything. “That was the day I knew my family would want nothing more to do with me.” He shrugged then, his gaze drifting down to Durnehviir, and he offered her a bitter smile. “And now you know.” He had left his family in ruins, and then walked away rather than repairing the damage. Who could pledge a loyalty to a leader that did that?
all you have is your fire
Messages In This Thread
the veil - by Constantine - January 20, 2018, 08:54 AM
RE: the veil - by Durnehviir - January 30, 2018, 05:05 AM
RE: the veil - by Constantine - February 21, 2018, 09:38 AM
RE: the veil - by Durnehviir - February 21, 2018, 11:28 AM
RE: the veil - by Constantine - March 11, 2018, 10:07 AM