Duck Lake now that i'm old, i sing for it
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The storm swooped up all around but Laurel didn't want to stop looking. She kept shouting her sister's name but there was nothing but the heavy noise of wind all around her. A worried expression filled her face as she kept searching. Trees creaked but the worry of landing underneath one didn't even occur to Laurel; not until one actually landed right behind her and she managed to run away just in time. Only then did she decide to find shelter, for now, and look further later on.

When Laurel woke up after days of worry and searching and calling effortlessly it was a nearby howl that caught her ears. A call for Indra. Eyes popped open and she was wide awake suddenly. Laurel crawled from the shallow den underneath a tree she'd been sleeping in and just at that moment she heard a faraway answer. The first sign of life she had heard in days of her sister. It sounded like it wasn't within the valley; no wonder Indra hadn't heard any of her previous calls, blocked by storm and snow and distance all bound together.

Laurel was quick on her feet but was stopped by the thick layer of snow as she fell smack-dab face-in-snow. She hadn't realised that it had snowed that heavily up until now. She moved difficultly through the snow to the entrance of Bearclaw Valley, even more difficultly because she kept falling over and wanted to go too fast rather than slowing down.

This tumbling about eventually got Laurel to the entrance of the Valley and she tumbled on from there until she caught sight of Xan. "Xan, wait up!" she called out to him and Laurel further tried to speed up her pace (resulting in being even slower). By the time she reached him Laurel felt wet, cold and exasperated but she wasn't about to give up her quest to save her sister and best friend. "Let's go find her," Laurel said by the time she reached Xan to make sure that he understood there wasn't gonna be any time for standing still and chit-chatting or whatever right now. Indra was the main goal.

same!
Messages In This Thread
now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 03, 2018, 04:04 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Blondine - February 04, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 04, 2018, 11:49 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Xan - February 05, 2018, 12:54 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Laurel - February 05, 2018, 05:11 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Blondine - February 05, 2018, 03:29 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Indra - February 05, 2018, 09:56 PM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Xan - February 11, 2018, 07:15 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Laurel - February 12, 2018, 04:14 AM
RE: now that i'm old, i sing for it - by Blondine - February 13, 2018, 09:45 PM