Master Guardian
Private 
backdated to 02.15.18

❝  did I disappoint you
or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
you act like you never had love
and you want me to go without  ❞

she walked at first.

a steady lope, legs moving methodically (one-two-one-two) as she forced her way out of the valley.  she dared not to look back at those miserable wenches who had soiled the only place she had allowed herself to call home.  her breath came short, shallow and ragged as it left the gentle part of her jaws, trembling and hitching in her throat.  the radio collar weighed heavy around her neck.

as soon as she knew she was out of sight, her pace kicked up to a trot.  the further she got from the valley the faster she fled, until she was barreling through the meadow at a full gallop.  adrenaline continued to course through her body and she knew she would soon tire from its chemical jolt. she knew she must place distance between herself and those women, between herself and alexander.

behind all that screamed a thought — it couldn't be. it couldn't be!  but it was.  and maybe that would have been easier to come to terms with if bearclaw valley had burned to the ground, if some supernatural disaster had whisked away those blessed lands.

but they hadn't.  it was at the hands of those querulous redleaf sisters with their wicked motivations.  the dark wolf with no name had not yet accepted that perhaps she had a hand in her own demise, no.  it was those girls who had ruined everything for her, and xan, too.

everything had happened so fast —

...stumbling into the forest to uncover the girl teasing alexander with the gentle, churlish canter of her hips as she burrowed into the thick of his pelt and the ensuing encounter with the waspish women; her alabaster friend's tongue grazing across her muzzle in assurance when a howl rose at the borders...

...the pack hunt, where xan had reprimanded her for eating, yet allowing the redleaf sisters to devour the moose that the pack had brought down...

...the skirmish between herself and the iniquitous girls, where she had caught a whiff of the alpha's scent on the one who had been flaunting so boldly in front of her... 

— and she knew what it had meant.  it was just as she thought: alexander had tricked her, he had used her, and once he had his fill he moved onto the women who had always been there for him, and likely always would be.

it wounded her, settled deep within her chest and swelled there until it became almost intolerable, suffocating.

she slowed once she had put a considerable distance between herself and that once-hallowed valley, panting heavily as she came to a halt.  blood pooled down her face and muzzle, blotting the snow beneath her as she settled.
3/3
Messages In This Thread
i. shock and denial - by Reigi - February 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Lonzo Moralez - February 23, 2018, 12:52 PM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Reigi - February 23, 2018, 11:12 PM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Lonzo Moralez - February 24, 2018, 12:22 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Reigi - February 24, 2018, 12:43 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Lonzo Moralez - February 24, 2018, 01:02 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Reigi - February 24, 2018, 01:11 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Lonzo Moralez - February 24, 2018, 01:35 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Reigi - February 24, 2018, 01:54 AM
RE: i. shock and denial - by Lonzo Moralez - February 24, 2018, 02:25 AM