Fox's Glade She told me that I'm not enough
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
She stood her ground to him and once he'd finished spoke. Except it was words that he couldn't believe she dared to utter. He stared at her like she was a stranger instead of the woman he'd taken so many injuries for. "Perhaps I wouldn't have ran if you hadn't denied me. You've heard how I disappeared. I almost died twice. Yet I came back to you,crawling to you even as I died." his voice had lowered to a whisper despite the trembling of rage that still caused his body to quake. She went on and on about raising Cassiopeia despite the knowledge that he had not been able to make it back soon enough. 

She asked what he would have done and he snorted. "I would have told her the truth. That her father loved her mother so much he put himself in danger, got injured so many times, starved himself to feed her and the children. I would have told the truth in your position and said that instead of choosing his love I chose the gods. You chose a false path of righteousness sheltered behind invisible deities. Instead of telling a sweet innocent baby girl her father was not good, I would have told the truth no matter how hard it was!" he spoke in an eerily calm voice, staring her down still as she gritted her teeth and squeezed her eyes shut. Then she turned to leave and he watched her go, about to bolt forward and make good on his promise and stop her before she turned and waltzed back to him. 

Her words should have Stung but it was in that moment, caused by the stirring of air as she swept toward him that he smelled it. She was pregnant. And he sneered at her, lips curling up in defiance. "No but you've fucked. You have given your body away to a man, who's scent no longer lingers so I assume he isn't around. That's a tragedy in itself. Raising a bastard litter alone and with no pack. You can't even barely hunt for yourself!" yet through those vicious words he was concerned. His damned heart would always hold concern and care for this damned woman. And she spoke of Onyx and he shook his head, eyes sparkling and his mouth parting to erupt with almost manic laughter. "You've earned yourself a bastard litter of innocent babes doomed to die at your paws, while me? I have a woman who not only wants me around, but begs me to stay. She loves me and I love her. She isn't scared of me you daft woman, she's scared of the man who followed her. She's scared of Lonzo,a beast who raped and beat her. A beast I have bowed to protect her from even if it kills me!" He lifted his chin and began to circle her again tail lashing in aggravation.

"She has a man who is willing to provide for her, hold her at night, feed her, laugh with her, love her...die for her. She has what you chose to give up over your deities." he turned to look at her eyes softening in what appeared like a moment of sanity. "Surely you haven't forgotten? How I vowed to protect you and love you, to keep you warm through the nights. How all I asked...all I wanted...was you. Your love. I never asked anything else but your love Olive. I ran from blackfeather for you, threw myself in front of the herd master for your and almost lost everything. I took the majority of the beating when you dragged me back to Blackfeather." he paused as his voice began to crack and his eyes began to tear up. No...he wouldn't do this. His emotions,his heartbreak, they were her fault but they weren't hers to see anymore. 

"After all you knew of me. Oxsana and my children's murders. How could you? I loved you when I was so scared to love anyone else and you not only denied me, but you made our children believe I was no good. If I was no good why did you fall for me? You know damn well I am not who you make out to be, I'm your scapegoat." he continued to vent body taut and ready to leap forward and stop her retreat despite the fact that he felt all of the anger leaving him.

"But that's who you are apparently. You couldn't bear the pain of real life so you sheltered in the false safety of your deities. And when our daughter cried for me, her father, you couldn't bear to admit what you had done so you explained what was easiest. Da doesn't love you cassiopeia, da abandoned us. Yet all Da ever did was set himself up to be broken by a madwoman. We'll see where your God's are when your children are born to a single mother and no pack." he had finished here, he had no more love for this woman. 

He would allow her to speak or if she turned and ran away he'd let her. At this point he was done with this, breaking over Olive and her messed up faith and false righteousness that would only cause other's pain. He hadn't been the only one to make foolish decisions, she had too. "Because of your falsities Cassiopeia attacked me. I put her down right here in this very field. I let her go and told her of your lies though of course nobody would believe me. But think of this: all those natural disasters that kept me away? The storm that swept me into the sea, the snowstorm that kept me from meeting you at Cassiopeia's view? Perhaps your God's were just jealous that you could have survived without them, that you loved me too." he then snapped his jaws shut and watched her, eyes no longer filled with hatred but looking so tired. His whole body sagged, the greying on his face only enhancing the exhausted appearance.
Messages In This Thread
She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 24, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 24, 2018, 10:30 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 02:26 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 09:29 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 09:14 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 26, 2018, 06:45 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 27, 2018, 03:28 PM