Wheeling Gull Isle meanwhile, i ask you to be my clementine
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
the fiery-maned woman appeared by his side suddenly; he hadn't heard her coming, so lost in his thoughts, and gave a small start before relaxing his features into a smile. she spoke, and he nodded, looking wistfully out to sea. those waves that so echoed the pounding of his heart, boundless and intense.

"it was the only home i ever knew, for so long," adi rumbled, his eyes sliding to catori's. "even when i went into the mountains, or the forests, i wasn't away from the sea for more than a few weeks. and i could always see it, in the distance."

his muzzle lifted and turned, gesturing at the isle behind them. "i washed up on these shores, moons ago. even now, i'm not sure why i didn't stay," he mused, looking up at the small mountains with not a little regret. and shame. . .for admitting even the slightest ounce of it to a morningsider. "i guess i'm always looking for something more. something new."

but hadn't that been what dawn wanted? had he had the right to be so angry with her, for questioning the future, for doubt, when those same doubts and questions lingered in his own mind? perhaps his irritation with his mate was merely the mirror of sour feelings he held for himself, and he'd unfairly projected them onto her.
Messages In This Thread
meanwhile, i ask you to be my clementine - by Aditya - March 12, 2018, 02:07 PM
RE: meanwhile, i ask you to be my clementine - by Aditya - March 16, 2018, 12:22 PM