Bearclaw Valley you are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down
you're the unbreakable heart
948 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Attention was focussed solely on the den's entrance and the life that was held within. She thought back to Tapat and Astik, thought back to how unfair their births had been. This was no different. She had tried to stop it then, abort their lives when they were little -- a little big bigger than this, though -- but to no avail. Would it really be different this time? Her legs were shaking as she thought of it, of their necks between her jaws and their blood spilling freely. Then she thought of her own children, and something changed. How could she take something like that when she herself carried life? It was unfair, life as it were, but still she would not wish it upon her worst enemy.

As she heard Indra's footfalls behind her Laurel felt nothing but shame that was quickly morphed into anger, for it was the only way she knew how to utter it. She turned her eyes like daggers towards the den that she now stood in front of, hearing the rustles inside and knowing that the new mother was there, and said sharply, her hackles raised and face wrought into a dark frown: "You took everything I should have -- how could you do something like that to someone? To anyone?" The words were softer and more pleading and non-understanding than intended, but soon they raised in tone as she continued, voice turning to an accusatory high-pitch screech: "How could you!" She deserved to be Alpha, and she deserved Xan. As a proper father to her children, as a supporter by her side, if nothing else. At the very least she deserved that much. She had tried to reason with Xan and he did not understand that he was being a shit father to her children already, that he wasn't there now so why would he improve any? Now it was time to call out the dumb girl on her beliefs because, well, maybe she just didn't know. And if she did, then she should know what a terrible person she was, Laurel thought. Hormones and the fate of her future children in her mind did not help to soothe Laurel's mind any at all, further fuelling her irrational anger. Indra's presence was forgotten a moment as she waited to see what the girl had to say for herself.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you are a brick tied to me that's dragging me down - by Laurel - April 11, 2018, 12:51 AM