The Tangle i'm a good person i don't deserve to be mistaken for heterosexual
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
There's a dice roll for the hunt that I'm too lazy to link so just believe me!!! LMAO. @Knife-Ear (no idea if this tag works with a hyphen).

Putting things on hold with Blixen was supposed to give her a break but has only brought more stress. It would have probably been easier to keep her trap shut and pretend she’s happy and knows what she’s doing but the thought of that adds an additional stress that makes her think otherwise. Why doesn’t Blixen understand? They’re both around the same age, they’re both kids, still. She may be gone, may have been involved in a war (and another around the corner), may have bled for these wolves, forcing her to act older than she is? Hating to complain, especially when her siblings are out in the wild defending one another (and puppies!) and she’s in some luxury where she is, for the most part, safe.

It has been difficult to clear her mind from everything that weighs on her, knowing she’s made everything worse and it’s all her fault. Most of her time is spent avoiding just about everyone, especially Blixen. And also Wildfire. She does not want to die just yet.

So, as she does every few days, Furi slips from the borders on the eastern side and heads for the tangle. Whatever allure it holds is beyond her but it’s close and she’s difficult to find, given how hard the territory is to navigate, but she moves easily through the brush, her paws hitting every mark as if she’s been through here a thousand times. The difference this time is something delightful tickles her nose and, for the first time in days, she’s able to zero in and focus on something else. Drool pools in her mouth and she licks her lips to keep from spilling over, moving in a new direction that takes a little more effort to get through but she manages okay (she’s been practicing!). She reaches the opening where the thick of the forest ends and the stony, slanted ground juts out to the north and she quickly narrows her eyes and focuses on a lone fawn, not but a few hundred yards away.

It doesn’t look injured and she smells no injection from where she stands but it moves back and forth in the same spot, crying a pitiful call for help. She slowly turns her head to scan her immediate surroundings, nose flaring for the scent of others, and eventually settles back on the meal at hand. With one final lick of her chops, Furi launches forward to quickly close the distance and easily overpower bambi the ungulate.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
Messages In This Thread
i'm a good person i don't deserve to be mistaken for heterosexual - by Mallaidh - April 19, 2018, 07:57 AM