Heron Lake Plateau I fought death and lost.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
"Shitshow" was right. What a total disaster the whole thing had been. The irony of it all was that they had come here to escape fighting and conflict. She listened as Towhee explained, and was relieved when she said that they had smoothed things over. She was glad that, in spite of everything, Towhee had continued to offer her brother a place in their pack. Truly, there was nothing Raven wanted more than to have all her ducklings siblings back together under her watchful eye again. Particularly Titmouse -- the poor boy had been through so much and she had never been able to protect him. At least, if he stuck with the pack this time around, she could do a better job of keeping him out of trouble (lol yeah right).

At her sister's request, she got to work cleaning the cuts and scratches on her face. She did her best to be gentle but thorough as she worked her smooth tongue into the lacerations in an effort to get all the dirt and hair out. Abruptly, Towhee looked up at her and asked Raven if she had made the right decision, and the healer answered her without hesitation. "Yes," the word came with a small smile. -"He's made a lot of bad decisions and has run with some questionable crowds, but his heart is pure. What he needs is love, patience, and stability. If you -- if we -- can give that to him, I think it will do him a lot of good. He can be trusted."- Raven liked to think that she knew the boy better than anyone, as they had always shared a very close bond and they had connected on a level that few others had been able to share with him. She wasn't sure how the winds of fate had managed to steer him so badly off course in his short life, but she felt that it wasn't too late to make things right again.
Messages In This Thread
I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:00 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:42 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 21, 2018, 08:50 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 09:23 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 03:13 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 08:00 PM