Heron Lake Plateau I fought death and lost.
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
They walked in silence for a time, both of them absorbed in the scenery around them as they moved toward the lake. Its surface lay glassy and calm beneath the night sky, subtle hints of diffuse moonlight painting a ghostly sheen across its mirror-like expanse. It was really the only thing Raven liked about this new territory thus far. The plateau itself was too featureless and exposed for her liking; she would most likely spend the majority of her time hanging around in the wooded areas that lay at the base of the plateau. Still, there were a lot of positive qualities about the place and if one took the turf war out of the equation, it had been a solid choice on the part of Towhee and X.

Towhee asked if the sleepy birds at the lake were making any noise, and Raven shook her head. All was silent, save for the occasional cry of a night bird somewhere and the soft sigh of the breeze as it brushed gentle ripples across the serene lake. Towhee then went on to explain her observations from recent marking trips down to the lowlands, and Raven answered, "I like it down there. I'm probably going to spend a lot of time foraging for plants in the thicket and the marshy areas. This type of environment is perfect for what I do." Raven grinned, appreciating this chance to spend time with Towhee. With the craziness of the past few weeks (months? decades? she'd lost track of time with everything that had gone on), she hadn't had much time to spend with the busy young alpha. This was nice. "I wonder if there's any fish in this lake," she commented, looking out over the water with appraising eyes.
Messages In This Thread
I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 10:38 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:00 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 20, 2018, 11:19 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 20, 2018, 11:42 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 21, 2018, 08:50 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 21, 2018, 07:48 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 09:23 AM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:04 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 03:13 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Raven - April 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: I fought death and lost. - by Towhee - April 22, 2018, 08:00 PM