Heron Lake Plateau machines just got workings, and they talk to me
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
So sorry for the hold-up! I was out of town with spotty service. I'm home now!

Truthfully, a marimba-carrying, tutu-clad panda might have been less shocking to Raven than the revelation dropped on her by her sister only an hour ago. She was still thoroughly mind-boggled by all of it, a weird sort of shock descending on her that made it difficult to concentrate on anything other than just how screwed they all were. It was bad enough that they had been abruptly thrust into the alpha position, but for Finley to have done what she did...Raven legitimately felt like she'd been handed the controls to an airplane that was rapidly corkscrewing toward the ground. She looked Quixote in the eyes, understanding all too well the disbelief that colored his features, and nodded to affirm what she had said.

"It's true. Towhee...doesn't want to lead anymore. She's promoted us and stepped down." The only thing that kept her from trembling was the presence of his body so close to hers. She found comfort in his touch moments ago. As terrifying as this all was, it was so much less frightening than it might have been if she was expected to lead solo. Then again, she had some idea of how Quixote felt about leadership and authority in general. It was entirely possible she would end up leading by herself. "And it gets worse, too. Finley ragequit on us. She -- and I guess Elwood too -- won't be helping us lead." That was the most bitter pill of them all for her to swallow.
Messages In This Thread
RE: machines just got workings, and they talk to me - by Raven - May 16, 2018, 03:45 PM