Heron Lake Plateau machines just got workings, and they talk to me
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Welcome back! Don't worry, the drama wasn't gonna run too far away without you. >P

The confusion passed as Raven spoke, replaced with a sudden irritation at the lot of them, So we're just left here to pick up the pieces?  Because they all just gave up?  Maybe they really weren't ready to be leaders -- any of them -- if they were just going to chuck it aside at random.  What were they going to do now?  Just sit back and watch things explode?  Perhaps he had a little less ire at Towhee, if only because she seemed to  have finally realized she needed more help.  So what was Finley's excuse?

That wasn't even what you were going over there for!  Did they just like.. ignore you and say, 'Oh hey, yeah, you're being vaguely responsible by saying this, so why don't you take care of the whole pack too?'  Okay, maybe he wasn't just irritated, but borderline incredulous.  Was this just his life?  People always seemed to skip the odd important thing and then he'd go try and deal with it, but it was never official -- it just had to be done, so he did it because staying alive was always high on his priorities.  This is just about the opposite way that was supposed to go! -- I mean, leading wasn't on my list of things to do, was it on yours?  He seemed to be losing steam, sharp words being slowly replaced by a similar state of shock as her, I don't get it.  It made zero sense.  He hadn't wanted or needed this -- he'd been happy to just have to worry about Raven, did he really want to deal with the responsibility of worrying about everyone else too?
Messages In This Thread
RE: machines just got workings, and they talk to me - by Quixote - May 16, 2018, 04:40 PM