Heron Lake Plateau machines just got workings, and they talk to me
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Sounds good to me!

There was a slight pause before he caught her drift.  He hadn't even thought of that double entendre, though it should have been blatantly obvious -- it'd be Quixote's turn to turn a bit red under his fur.  Not that he minded the implication of it, with a slight smirk in return.  Damn, he totally needed some more practice at trying to be suave, since getting along by guess and accident wasn't exactly a great way to go about anything.

Where was Drageda again?  Freakin' far away, if he recalled.  Too bad I think we're even farther away from them now, then.  I don't think I ever went far enough to meet any of them as far as I know.  He wasn't sure how well Tegan would do on this little on that little adventure, but he kind of regarded that whole litter with a bit of well-earned suspicion.  Maybe the kid was finally growing up?  Who knew.  It wasn't like he really knew any of them very well.  Maybe he should fix that too.

It was surprisingly fulfilling to see Raven enjoying the fruits of his labors -- most of the time if he had given up a kill it had been because he had to not because he wanted to, because it was going to the caches to be enjoyed by who knew what stomach or to a leader who deserved it just by title.  As he watched her eat, another thing popped into mind, Maybe we should get a few hunts going too.  Once we've figured out the leadership thing, maybe something larger to fill the caches, but any requests in the short term?  He'd do his damnedest to fill any orders, but things like duck weren't going to be common on the menu unless he figured out a few tricks.  For now, though, he didn't seem keen on  heading off to do anything else.  Maybe a nap or something, but despite how content he seemed at this moment, he wasn't ready to go face anyone else, new alpha or not.  The doubts were waiting to dig themselves out of their graves as soon as he was away from Raven's side.
Messages In This Thread
RE: machines just got workings, and they talk to me - by Quixote - May 22, 2018, 01:40 AM