Coconut Grove standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
“Coelacanth, one of the island wolves.”

Shock flashed across the soturi’s face and was chased with a wash of regret. “The ouroboros,” she murmured cryptically. Her tone was grave as she elaborated. “Shortly before your return to the bleeding forest,” or maybe at the same time, because who the heck remembers what happened in what order, “I sold her innocence to the wolves of Blackfeather Woods. I did it for the Family — to keep them from killing Olive, Dakarai, and every Teaghlaigh wolf in their wake. If I had to do it again tomorrow, I would. In my womb were our babies: Mallaidh, Roarke, Eirlys, and Ceallach. For them, and for you and Arturo and Chusi, I would do it again.” Her argent eyes were steely and implacable, but before Hemlock the mask shattered. Her shoulders slumped infinitesimally, so subtly few wolves would notice, and she sighed, shaking her head.

“I swore to her uncle that I would care for her — we met in passing, two bards on the road. I failed, in that. Somehow, you are righting my wrong — and maybe that is right, because we are one.” She nuzzled her mate wearily, nibbling one flame-kissed ear.
Messages In This Thread
RE: standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye - by Lotte - May 12, 2018, 04:25 PM