Coconut Grove standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Per the conversation in #phone-a-friend, there is no formal policy on dream appearances, so I believe I have tacit permission to finish out these threads. ^^

“No, she would not,” Lotte murmured quietly, thinking for a moment of the girl she’d wronged and then shoving away the thought to focus on what was important. Her time with Hemlock was so limited — if her mate should awaken in the trueworld or fall asleep within the dream realm, their visit would come to an abrupt end. Lotte had no control over this, just as she’d had no control over the abrupt end of her own life. She pressed her lips shut to forestall her own protests regarding the unfairness of time and allowed her eyes to flutter closed as Hemlock’s tongue sketched indecipherable hieroglyphs of love across her cheeks.

When at last Lotte could control her emotions long enough to look upon her dear one, they affixed upon the viridian gaze. She didn’t dare look at the flowers, but she saw them reflected in Hemlock’s viridian eyes. She could make no comment on the validity of Hemlock’s poignant, morbid musings and spoke of life instead: “I call you my fireflower, but maybe that is not completely right,” she softly intoned. “I have seen fire. When bards sing of it — when I sing of it — we talk about its beauty and light; but when I think of it, I remember only its bite.” She sighed. “I know now that you are my sunrise and sunset, and I am your night. You are after me and before me, and entwined with us is Arturo, the fierce, bright glow of midday.” Her smile was sad, but no less fond.

Her interest was piqued and her heartache eased when Hemlock spoke of Reed and Droman’s Mitexi — she pouted slightly, having never seen or experienced any of her children turning a year old. “Is there a celebration?” she wanted to know. “Tell me about them,” she begged. “Make me see them.” She was every bit the little spoon in this moment, but it was more of an act to make Hemlock smile than anything else as she snuggled insistently up against her mate and made wide eyes at her like a child begging to be told a bedtime story.
Messages In This Thread
RE: standing so incredibly still, i become invisible to the eye - by Lotte - May 18, 2018, 06:56 AM