Wapun Meadow To you, I gave everything I had and everything I didn't have
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian

Her jaw tightened as his words settled in her chest.  She looked back to the child that had toddled after her — she had wanted them to stay together, with their father; she had wanted them to have a chance to live a normal life — and then back towards her estranged husband.  She scraped a paw over the earth before forcing her gaze to the ground.

Nallgivagit.  The corners of her lips pursed, and her ears flicked back.  Maybe one day they could try again, when she had found her peace and he had grown — when there was no Indra in the picture, no Laurel.  It was not fair to Reigi to confine herself to the valley and deal with the constant harassment while her husband stood aside and it was even more unfair for her children to have to bear witness to it.

It was better to have two parents who loved you separately than to watch them fail each other.  They'd had this discussion more than once.  Every time she left he had convinced her that things would get better and he would make them so — never once had anything changed.  Why should she believe him now?

Come visit.  Please.  Undersea.  North.  She was not sure how well Yakone would take the trip, and was not sure how far she would have to travel.  For them, she said, motioning at their daughter.

---

And then they probably had a really emotional conversation before Reigi and Yakone headed to Undersea.

]
3/3
Messages In This Thread
RE: To you, I gave everything I had and everything I didn't have - by Reigi - May 30, 2018, 04:48 PM