Heron Lake Plateau Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It felt like everyone else believed in him and he was the only one who didn't.  The fact he didn't trust them nearly as he apparently should have -- maybe as much as they deserved -- made him feel wounded, that there was something wrong with him as a person that he didn't know how to fix.  Quixote tried to smile, barely succeeding, Wasn't how I was expecting anything to go.  Understatement of the century there.  The lack of anger threw him off more than a gamesniping Symmetra one-trick in a GM-level Overwatch game titled certain Twitch streamers.  He kept expecting that someone would snap at him, to point out the rules he'd broken, but each time it never happened.  It just fizzled instead, leaving him feeling as though he'd failed them all already.

There were plenty of other elephants hiding in the woodwork -- a whole game reserve's worth.  I thought the whackass was supposed to be Colt, he said wryly. If I want to give him another chance, is there anything you'd want him to do?  I get that he acted like an utter idiot to you, just, you know, a little bit,  but he's been a good friend of mine, and I think he'd be honest if he could play nice in the future.  I could even tell him to keep away from you or whatever you'd prefer.  And there's still a hell of a lot of his family here, so... I dunno.  Shrug.  Quixote was not exactly an unbiased judge in this case.  He was going to end it there to wait for her thoughts, but then remembered, Speaking of, when I met up with him last, that one kid.. Uh.  Clover?  She showed up and seemed really against him leaving in particular.  Not sure why. Unless of course for some reason it gets revealed in that thread, but it doesn't seem likely.  Maybe Towhee had a clue?
Messages In This Thread
RE: Tyrants and kings both meet the same fate, strung up at your city gate - by Quixote - May 13, 2018, 11:41 PM