Neverwinter Forest dreamers of day are dangerous men
hämähäkki, muodonmuuttaja, satakieli
310 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Bard
Rogue
Per the conversation in #phone-a-friend, there is no formal policy on dream appearances, so I believe I have tacit permission to finish out these threads. ^^

“I’ll find myself, mama. I promise.”

“You are not lost, tienraivaaja,” Lotte murmurs to her son, preening through the thick fur at the nape of his neck. “If anybody asks, you are ‘just wandering’ — matkamies. That is what I said whenever I did not know the way. I do not like to ask for directions,” she says with a conspiratorial wink, wrinkling the bridge of her muzzle in a moue of distaste, mostly for comedic effect. “I do not like anyone telling me what to do or where to go. If I cannot find something or somewhere directly, I will make my own way or look for something new.” She tosses her regal head with leonine haughtiness.

“Whatever you do with your time, my son,” she says, nosing affectionately at the base of his ear, “do it as a promise to yourself — not as a promise to me, not as a promise to your father. The greatest gift you could ever give me is to choose your own way. There is no shame in settling, if that is what you want to do; I gave up wandering when I gave birth to you and your siblings, and it turned out to be the greatest adventure of my life. Too, there is no shame in wandering. The world is wide, and if you want to test every kind of terrain before you decide to make your bed, then do so. I will be proud of you no matter what, blood of my blood.”
Messages In This Thread
RE: dreamers of day are dangerous men - by Lotte - May 12, 2018, 12:48 PM
RE: dreamers of day are dangerous men - by Lotte - May 12, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: dreamers of day are dangerous men - by Lotte - May 18, 2018, 07:12 AM