Heron Lake Plateau For I have to appear to be strong
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
He still wasn't used to it.  Though some of the edges had worn down so he wasn't mentally tripping every five minutes over some problem, he still wasn't sure of anything.  The easiest thing to come to terms with was that he pretty much had to do it if the pack was going to continue to function.  There was still the whole dealing with other people thing which was just... not great.  There was also the fact Quixote perhaps had a few additional meanings to tie on to the Sword of Damocles, making him uneasy in his own skin.  But still, he'd done a few things.  He'd done patrols and dragged Colt back... And then tried to keep by himself while his mind was circling the void, more paranoid and eager to seek the worst options of all.

The late morning sun found him wandering through the empty expanse south of the lake -- he was mentally calling it the Void because he couldn't easily spot any distinctive features in it.  He wasn't really hunting, as it were, but he definitely was definitely poking around to see what edibles might be hiding in the quickly-growing grasses.  It was going to become much more important soon enough for Quixote to provide for Raven in one way or another.  Aside from the obvious solution of wrangling up a crew to hunt some larger prey (which he'd definitely have to do once he was over his bit of stage fright or whatever he'd call it), he needed to figure out where smaller prey was found so he could do it himself if it came to that.

Though by his lonesome the alpha wasn't visibly excited about his upcoming pups, he was definitely doing what he could think of to prepare for them -- though chances were he and Raven would need to have a conversation about the things that he didn't think of right off the bat.  At the moment, these things included sticking his face into a rabbit warren to figure out if it was one that would be easily dug out or if it was one where he'd just have to hope that the inhabitants came out to play.
Messages In This Thread
For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - May 21, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - May 23, 2018, 12:31 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - May 23, 2018, 10:04 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 04, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 06, 2018, 09:10 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 12, 2018, 08:28 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 13, 2018, 03:11 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 16, 2018, 09:04 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 20, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 22, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 25, 2018, 12:29 AM