Heron Lake Plateau For I have to appear to be strong
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
It was, needless to say, hard to see anything with his giant fat head blocking most of the light.  However, he thought he had a pretty good idea of how this one was set up.  It was pretty clear that it had a hairpin bend or some kind of weird downward spiral that made it so he had no idea where the main rooms were unless he excavated a huge radius.  Unfortunate.

Then came a voice.  Though Quixote didn't jump, he was quick to back up out of the hole, as it wasn't exactly the best place to have a conversation nor the most secure position to be in.  Quixote's initial expression when he spotted Elwood was very uncertain, but that quickly faded when it was obvious that he didn't seem to be sour about anything. Then again, they were both left out of whatever Girl Talk had gone down, so unless Elwood was going to subtly echo Finley's anger at the whole thing, there probably weren't too many bad feelings between them, right?  After all, Quixote had pretty much brushed off the conversation about Towhee's leadership as now a nonissue -- he'd told Towhee the problems he had so there weren't any dark secrets, and now he was alpha.  The real question was how he was supposed to treat the ex-leaders.   With some respect, he imagined, but the fine details?  No clue.  Whatever.  He's just go informal like usual and see what happened.

Quixote's forehead had a nice horizontal streak of dirt across it from where it had rubbed against the entry and roof of the warren, but it didn't seem to bug him at this point.  Yeah, think so.  But not easy to dig out.  He moved towards it again, half-crouching to stick his front leg down into the abyss to figure out where it went, even though canine legs weren't exactly great for doing such things.  It gave him a slightly better idea, but only just, so he stood back up and shook out his fur -- he'd come back for this lot later.  Hope you weren't hoping to hunt this batch, I've probably scared the hell out of them.
Messages In This Thread
For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - May 21, 2018, 12:58 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - May 23, 2018, 12:31 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - May 23, 2018, 10:04 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 04, 2018, 11:55 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 06, 2018, 09:10 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 12, 2018, 08:28 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 13, 2018, 03:11 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 16, 2018, 09:04 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 20, 2018, 02:59 AM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Elwood - June 22, 2018, 10:16 PM
RE: For I have to appear to be strong - by Quixote - June 25, 2018, 12:29 AM