Dawnlark Plains when god falls fast asleep
1,318 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Coach
a warm glow enfolded his heart as river took the feather and burrowed into his embrace. however uncomfortable it was for aditya, it was just as much--if not more so--touching, and he shifted ever so slightly to make sure the child wouldn't cut off the circulation from his toes, at least. he smiled, letting out a breath in a contented sigh.

"one night, i went out, and the owl was gone," aditya explained quietly, mouth shifting in unease as he remembered that turbulent evening. "i looked and looked, but could not find him. and trust me, mithra, he stood out," adi added, nodding down at river. "he was gone. i had no idea where he had gone, and i didn't see him for a while."

he paused, holding his breath, then continued. "one day, several moons later, i was out exploring in the woods when i heard a sound. . ." he dropped his voice low, crooning. "hoo, hoo. hoo, hoo. and i caught a flash of white in the trees.

"throughout my life, i've heard my old friend call out to me. hoo, hoo. hoo, hoo. i've not seen him very well--just glimpses, here and there--but he's been around, calling out. looking after me with those big eyes."
he nosed the feather gently, breath stirring the silky hairs that lined its spiny stem.

"so you see, river. . .the ones we love, they never really leave us. yahaan nahin. . .lekin nahin chala gaya."
Messages In This Thread
when god falls fast asleep - by Winterbourne - June 08, 2018, 01:44 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Aditya - June 08, 2018, 02:01 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Winterbourne - June 08, 2018, 02:13 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Aditya - June 08, 2018, 02:28 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Winterbourne - June 08, 2018, 02:42 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Aditya - June 08, 2018, 02:56 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Winterbourne - June 08, 2018, 03:23 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Aditya - June 10, 2018, 12:11 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Winterbourne - June 20, 2018, 12:35 AM
RE: when god falls fast asleep - by Aditya - June 20, 2018, 12:42 AM