Bearclaw Valley starting with a clean slate
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra felt so many things at once, and then laurel came -- and righteously, appeared as frigid as the winter that summer had just chased away. indra's ears fell to her skull and her mixed expression turned to one of worry -- replaced with vexation as she deciphered what blondine had said. "what?!"

i love you - indra's features seemed to melt and knit simultaneously - what?  she felt confused, spun around and disoriented and awkward -- had she heard that right? she didn't even know how to react to blondine's admission; she wanted to reach out and hug and strike her at once - thank god you're back / how dare you leave me?

everything else in her life left her. laurel was all that remained, and as her sister coldly asked what needed to be asked indra once more felt buoyed by her presence. everyone left, except laurel.

a bitter thought in indra's mind was that someday, tadec would leave her too. she could not make herself vulnerable, not anymore, and as she glanced to laurel's steely composure she miserably tried to emulate it.. even though her heart was not into turning blondine away, in any way.

"w-wait, he's dead?" she asked softly, her ears drooping as she considered the pain blondine must feel in her heart. "i'm sorry.." she took a deep breath and lifted her gaze to blondine's russet features. "are you okay?"
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
Messages In This Thread
starting with a clean slate - by Blondine - June 13, 2018, 04:19 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Indra - June 13, 2018, 08:29 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Laurel - June 14, 2018, 01:33 AM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Blondine - June 14, 2018, 12:08 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Indra - June 19, 2018, 07:42 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Laurel - June 26, 2018, 12:58 AM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Blondine - June 26, 2018, 02:05 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Indra - June 29, 2018, 12:08 PM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Laurel - July 04, 2018, 02:10 AM
RE: starting with a clean slate - by Blondine - July 08, 2018, 05:45 AM