Heron Lake Plateau All I'm tryna say is get back, click clack, BLAOW!
1,002 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
Midwife
Master Medic
Raven listened intently, not begrudging her epsilon the time it took her to explain. She nodded occasionally to acknowledge a point made or to indicate agreement or understanding, but otherwise she remained silent and let Ceara speak without interruption or judgement.

When it was finished, the alpha promptly reassured her, "You're not going anywhere." Since she'd joined their pack, Ceara had proven herself to be a pricelessly valuable asset to their pack. She'd helped provide food for Raven, stocked caches, patrolled the borders, showed an interest in medicinal plants, carried a message to Ironsea at Raven's request, and, as the alpha had just learned, had taken it upon herself to start a garden for her -- a fact which elicited a surprised grin from Raven. There was no way Ceara was getting kicked out, and while Raven didn't like to take sides in an issue without first hearing both accounts, she absolutely would not tolerate Niamh spreading unfounded rumors around her pack about any of its members.

She chewed her lip and thought quietly for a moment. The few times she'd met with Niamh, the blonde female had seemed pleasant enough. Raven was surprised to hear about her aggressive, bullying behavior. But then, she didn't really know the gamma that well. Had her high rank gone to her head, perhaps? And what was her deal with Screech? He wasn't her mate, there had been no indications that they were courting. It had been Niamh's choice to have him placed in her den, and that should have come with the understanding that people would be visiting and offering their help in caring for him. That was what it was to be in a pack.

She shook her head, glancing up at Ceara with a softness in her eyes. "I'm...really surprised to hear of this behavior from Niamh. She does outrank you, but that doesn't give her -- or anyone -- the right to lord it over you anytime they want. There's a time and a place for that that."
Messages In This Thread
RE: All I'm tryna say is get back, click clack, BLAOW! - by Raven - June 16, 2018, 10:42 PM