Broken Boulder peel back your skin and try to forget how it feels
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The touch to his cheek was unexpected; all he could do for a moment was blink once and stare dumbly, too exhausted to tuck it away immediately and too raw from Lily to say something stupid. At Delight's question, he swallowed hard, pausing for another few beats. He couldn't lie— but he was certain the truth would damage their friendship, that Delight would not see him the same way after hearing it.
After Lennon left, I— withdrew, He began, trying to pretend saying his name didn't hurt anymore. And then— then I found out about my mother, and there was... other bad news, too, from home. About my family. So I withdrew more, and— she was hurt by it, I think. We had an argument after I got back with you and Queenie— I tried to tell her it wasn't her, but— I don't know. I guess she didn't believe me. I went to see her today, to make things right, and she—

His voice broke, then, and he glanced down for a moment to pull himself together. Or, try. When he looked up again, his eyes glistened with unshed tears. She said it was okay, but I could tell she was lying— and then she was yelling— and then she was crying, and she said she didn't feel wanted— or like she belonged, or something,
At this point, bitterness began to tinge his tone. I don't get it— everyone likes her, and she can't just... let me be dysfunctional in peace. She had to go and leave over it— He stopped again, swallowing hard as the first of the tears began to spill over.
Messages In This Thread
RE: peel back your skin and try to forget how it feels - by Alarian - June 25, 2018, 08:43 PM