Swiftcurrent Creek You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread]
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir, since stepping down from leadership, had not strayed far from her pups. Obsessive and paranoid over their recent bear attack, the russet Frostfur was terrified to let them out of her sight. It was particularly difficult at times, especially now that they were almost two months old and finding new, creative ways to evade her watch.

Things had been peaceful, however. The beast who'd robbed them of Ingram had moved on, thankfully, and Wylla lived quietly with her lone newborn. Swiftcurrent continued to function well and, with the approach of Chusi's due date, Durnehviir opted to steal away for a short time with her mate's return. She wanted to check in and make sure all was well before the arrival of another new litter, and be sure that Koji hadn't disappeared as she'd begun to suspect.

The strong scent of birth flooded the wolfess' nares upon nearing the place she knew her young comrade to den, and she paused in her tracks to better test the air. Pricking her velvet lobes, she listened intently for the soft sounds of babies' cries. In that moment, her heart swelled; the unapproved mating of her subordinates beneath her rule had insulted her greatly, yet she'd become a mother before all else. Durnehviir's lifestyle before the Teekon had never been one fit for parenthood but, now that she had whelped her own, she felt it to be her life's true purpose.

A soft woof announced her arrival, and her tail arched instinctively as she moved in closer and caught sight of the Chusi's elusive partner hovering half-way underground. A corner of her mouth twitched in immediate distaste, though the crimson beauty corrected herself with the reminder of the occasion. She cast aside her mistrust of the suspicious male who'd sired the pack's newests babes and despite her desire to shoo him from the area, she instead regarded him with a cool stare as she closed the distance between them.

"How is everyone doing in there?" Durnehviir called out gently, her focus primarily on Chusi as she ducked her head to peek past Koji's shoulder.
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
Messages In This Thread
You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Chusi - June 18, 2018, 09:38 AM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Koji - June 22, 2018, 10:33 PM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Kubo - July 03, 2018, 02:36 PM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Chusi - July 05, 2018, 01:02 PM
RE: You'll be in my heart [Birthing thread] - by Durnehviir - July 07, 2018, 06:26 AM