Broken Boulder spin for you like your favorite records used to
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
The sliver of information he was given did not slip by him, but in that moment, he didn't know how to react to it. He wanted to— felt selfish to let 'I think they're all dead' pass by him— but found no energy for it. So he focused on his friend's advice, instead.
Give it time; it sounded so simple. He nodded slightly, mute for a few beats, then— It's weird to think we have time, now, The admission came a little nervously. He glanced down. I spent so long looking for him— most of my life. Honestly, I'd only just moved on— Okay, shitty-feelings-sharing-time was over. Thanks for coming, Delight. See you in about four months.
Thanks, He blurted in the next moment, gaze turning back to Delight. It was easier to— focus on him than... that. It hadn't escaped his notice that his friend seemed to struggle with Alarian's feelings as much as he did himself; when he dared expose them, anyway. It was just— difficult to step back enough, when he'd reached that point, to accommodate his friend's comfort zone. It didn't escape him that Delight tried anyway, either.
I uh— Alarian swallowed hard, realizing at once that he didn't know how to express his thoughts without— being too much. He was always too much. He recalled, then, words that had set his heart off-beat; words he was certain were safe. I appreciate you.
Messages In This Thread
RE: spin for you like your favorite records used to - by Alarian - July 06, 2018, 12:20 PM