Mudminnow River i know i'm bad news, i saved it all for you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
u know who u are
In the end, it all fell on him. He could not do enough, could not love enough, could not be enough to prevent the crumbling of everything he had ever worked for. So he did what he did best.
Alarian ran.
He had told himself so many times it was not an option anymore, but suddenly— suddenly it was, and it felt amazing. Through the valley, past the Cuesta, out into wilderness and freedom— he was breathless with the exhilaration. No one would require anything of him again. No one would depend on him again, and by extension, he would never be a failure again.
He only stopped running when he was too exhausted to continue, trailing wearily along a murky river now. His thoughts turned now to the future— if he thought about all that he was leaving behind, he knew he would turn back. Instead he considered his options; staying near Samothes would be ideal, though he wasn't quite sure if it was doable anymore. Perhaps he'd see about him first— it was obviously the most pressing of his needs, right now.
Messages In This Thread
i know i'm bad news, i saved it all for you - by Alarian - June 30, 2018, 05:20 PM