Otatso Wetlands curiosity killed the cat, satisfaction brought it back
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Invictus,” Grezig repeated, committing the name to memory.

She watched as the woman turned her face away. ’Intriguing, but I'm not interested. I prefer to live alone. At any rate, if it is as you say, it seems you'll be just fine without me.’

“Mm,” Grezig grunted in return. She did not care if Invictus did not want to come back with her. She had offered her a place among their group because she thought the woman could be useful, but she would not force anyone to join their band. Force was not a good way to go about doing anything, in her opinion, unless it was truly needed. Having grown up with forceful parents, she could attest to feelings of rebellion from such treatment. This is why she liked Liri and Kavik as much as she did. They felt as she did and wanted this new pack to be a democracy. Everyone had a say; no one’s voice would be drowned out—if they were telling the truth, that is. She’d just have to wait and see how it panned out once they had settled down.

’However,’ Invictus continued, drawing Grezig out of her thoughts. ’Should something go awry, I don't mind being sought out and brought pack to lend a helping paw. I'll likely still be around this region for a while.’

Grezig stood. “Thank you,” she said. “If we have need of you, I will seek you out.” She dipped her head. “I must return to my group now. It was nice to meet you.” Without a backward glance, she turned and left. Since Invictus had no interest in the group, Grezig had no reason to stick around. 

[Exit]