Heron Lake Plateau but as for me and my house, we will serve the lord
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Tag for reference!

Every once and a while the world seemed to remember it was supposed to be summer and cranked up the heat, and after a few days where he'd trusted the clouds to stay and was outrageously betrayed later in the day, Quixote now took no chances.  He'd shifted his schedule to wake up a bit earlier so he could go do stuff before the sun tried to murder him.  Then he could happily come back for family time and/or a siesta in the cool shade of the den at the hottest hours of the day.  With the pups still so small, it wasn't like there was a shortage of room -- and besides, it gave @Raven a predictable period of time to go wander around and escape the tiny hellions if nobody else was up for dealing with them.  And if he'd returned from the morning's escapades with something edible for her, even better!

Anyway.  Today?  Today he had no idea how he was going to start his day other than with a drink.  He was still a little bleary and hadn't really noticed he was going to be showing up right near where one of those new folks Raven let in was.  Quixote had been heavily suspicious at first -- their meeting at the borders would have gone much differently if he'd been the one to show up there -- but that had waned because as far as he could tell, none of that lot had come anywhere near the den... So maybe it was ok.  Who knew.

The brown woman was clearly in view and probably had been for a good ten to twenty seconds before his brain caught up and processed it, even though he was walking towards the water the entire time.  His steps faltered for a second, but you know what? He was already here.  Whatever.  Uh.  Hi.  Yup.  Best socialized alpha on the planet getting a drink right here.
Messages In This Thread
RE: but as for me and my house, we will serve the lord - by Quixote - July 10, 2018, 12:59 AM