Wapun Meadow in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife
suspended between survival and civility
390 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Private 

And then before she knew it, she was in the meadow in which she had spent her days with Xan.  She had not ever gotten to see it this time of year, but it gave her some solace to know that one day it would be her babies that got to experience it in her stead.  Being this close to them tugged at her heartstrings in a way that was more palpable than usual.  

They were in front of her, metaphorically, and just out of reach.  If she closed her eyes and felt the way the grasses moved against her legs as the wind tousled their long strands to and fro, she could pretend that they were by her side.  She knew these lands too well.

Boy, when I left you, you were young
I was gone, but not my love

You were clearly meant for more
Than a life lost in the war

I want you to be happy
Free to run, get dizzy on caffeine
Funny friends that make you laugh
And maybe you're just a little bit dappy

@Komodo and Yakone had found her somewhere along the way, as they always did.  She was lucky that the Angakkuq was so good with her daughter.  He was a blessed man, truly, although things between them were complicated to say the least.  But soon, they would be back on Undersea's shores, and they would yet still be able to work them out.

Although the pair walked with her physically, she was distracted.  She is so close to the valley, to where willingly she had handed down her burning crown and left her children within the confines of its cloistering walls. 

Fly
Feel your mother at your side
Don't you know you got my eyes

I'll make you fly
You'll be happy all the time
I know you can make it right

She is pulled from these thoughts by the appearance of those children, clear as day — @Nunataq and @Marten are there with @Xan in tow, and she freezes.  Recognition stirs in her daughter, her beautiful bleeding-heart girl, as Yakone steps forward tentatively towards her father.

For a moment she is like stone, pressed there against Komodo, breath caught in her throat.  Then with the same tentative step as her daughter, she steps forward and greets the family with a low chuff.  Nunataq is the spitting image of her mother, and Yakone is nearly the same as her father save for her diluted red chest — by observation alone the story would be obvious to any stranger.  She turns to the medicine man with a placating whine, unprepared to do any speaking of her own.

please let komodo reply first, i am not sure if rachel is back yet.  i will be powerplaying yakone.  a one week skip rule is in place here just to make sure this plot-heavy thread moves in a timely manner.  if you can't make it within the deadline, don't hesitate to reach out.

3/3
Messages In This Thread
in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife - by Reigi - July 29, 2018, 10:40 PM
RE: in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife - by Xan - August 08, 2018, 07:24 AM
RE: in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife - by Xan - September 07, 2018, 11:04 PM
RE: in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife - by Yakone - September 08, 2018, 12:03 AM
RE: in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife - by Nunataq - September 17, 2018, 01:15 PM