Phoenix Maplewood i hear the horses' thunder
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Shale shrugged, looking back at the small group of ungulates. "If they do, they'll run," he whispered. "The injured male will run, too, but he won't be as quick. We should be able to catch him, if they get startled." His mouth twitched with deep concentration as he began to formulate a plan, going through each step in his head. The hunter didn't want to exert more energy than he had to.

Finally, after several beats of silence, he turned to Loir again. "You approach from the left, I'll approach from the right," he decided, nodding toward the path she should take. "Stay hidden in the brush; don't go too near the pond. The buck's on the edge of the group; there's a good chance I'll scare the others, so if they run your way, try to stop him from going too far."

He fixed her with a gimlet stare. "Stay clear of his hooves and antlers," Shale warned, voice a little stern. "Don't take unneccessary risks; don't try to be a hero. We need healthy hunters, and he can still do damage, even injured. I'll be right behind him, and we'll try to take him down together." He took a deep breath, ribs rising and slowly falling as he prepared himself. "Ready?"

It was not their day. Even injured, the deer made a formidable opponent, and after a chase, the creature got away. Cursing, Shale ducked his head, angry with himself and with the bad luck. After he'd calmed down, he gave Loir a few brief words then stalked away, heading elsewhere to stew over this defeat.

archiving bc Loir is PPC -- rolled a failure in Tabletop
Messages In This Thread
i hear the horses' thunder - by Shale - August 07, 2018, 01:36 AM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Loir - August 07, 2018, 12:28 PM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Shale - August 12, 2018, 02:11 AM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Loir - August 12, 2018, 05:22 PM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Shale - August 12, 2018, 11:03 PM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Loir - August 12, 2018, 11:13 PM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Shale - August 12, 2018, 11:37 PM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Loir - August 13, 2018, 12:14 AM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Shale - August 18, 2018, 01:36 AM
RE: i hear the horses' thunder - by Loir - August 18, 2018, 11:44 AM