Blacktail Deer Plateau There's a humming in the restless summer air.
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
@ Liri/Genevieve -- Hela said we can wrap this up without her since we're gonna use this to submit for pack ... official...ness... what are words? And she won't be able to post all day tomorrow (the 18th).

Liri continued where Kavik had left off, telling Grezig that she knew how important this pack was to her. And then… ’We’d like you to be our beta.’ There they were, the magic words. Grezig smiled wider, though she tried hard to keep a straight face. She compensated by keeping her head down, staring hard at the ground as though there were something fascinating between her paws. Liri went on to say that it was, of course, Grezig’s choice as to whether she accepted the role. The earthen woman nodded to show that she was listening. 

Kavik piped up with his own words of praise and Grezig’s head lowered even farther on its own. Stop, she thought to herself, though she didn’t dare say it aloud. It was a great honor she was receiving, but all the excess praise made her blood boil—not in anger, but embarrassment. She hated being in the spotlight like this. Small, quick praises were enough for her, not lavish and long-winded speeches. 

Finally, they were done speaking. Grezig stared at the ground for a few more seconds, gathering her thoughts, and then lifted her head to address her alphas. “Thank you,” she said simply. “I appreciate your words. I am honored by them, and by your decision. I will accept the role of beta, and work to serve this pack as best I can.” She was done, not seeing a need to speak more than this. She looked between them expectantly, pride and gratitude in her brown eyes.
Messages In This Thread
RE: There's a humming in the restless summer air. - by RIP Grezig - August 17, 2018, 03:28 PM