Heron Lake Plateau Because I'm the only person around here who looks this cool on a bike
612 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
All Welcome 
I think I was supposed to post this a while ago, oops. :D  But hey, this is the pups officially moved to the rendezvous site, aka Qui & Raven's old spot by the lake!  Other folks are welcome to stop by.  Vaguey-vague about the exact happenings of the Towhee thread.
@Raven @Owen @Phoebe @Kite @Vasa

Summer was over and the den had become more and more a tangle of legs rather than the cozy little hideaway it had been a few months ago.  The pups were growing and they needed to experience new things and not be locked away in the den forever -- the lack of room would make that happen even if they didn't want to.

Today was the day the family would be moved, though it was not a particularly sunny occasion, but the ordinary overcast gloom that came to be common with the season.  So, the world wasn't going to let things be festive and bright, but whatever, it wasn't like they could change the world that much.  

Being outnumbered did make transporting the pups across the plateau a bit of an adventure, but Raven certainly knew enough tricks to make it happen.  Quixote was probably closer to just moral support.  And yes, eventually the whole group ended up where they were going -- that hollow little thicket not too far from the lake shore.  There should be plenty of room for them to play and plenty of new things for them to investigate.  Quixote had taken some time from a day a little while back to make sure the place was free of annoying sticks and other such things -- nice and clean and ready for their return.  He was pretty happy with the result -- it was like they never left, except minus the snow.

After letting them rampage around and investigate for a few minutes, Quixote called the kids over, Don't wander too far from here, okay?  And keep out of the lake unless there's an adult with you.  Pretty soon you'll be big and strong enough to go on all kinds of adventures, but for now someone has to be with you.  He looked over each face in turn to make sure everyone understood, quite serious about this matter.  But after this his expression brightened, But since I'm gonna head down to the lake, you can come along now if you want.  He took a few jaunty steps back in that direction then looked back to see if anyone wanted to come.
Messages In This Thread
Because I'm the only person around here who looks this cool on a bike - by Quixote - September 17, 2018, 01:37 AM