Stone Circle Your Mother Should Know
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was quite shocked to hear that she was talking about Greyback. But what had Greyback done to her? She seemed so upset. Valette listened quietly even though she did call her mate a bastard and call him out that he wasn't really being a Patriarch. Valette was confused as to why she would think so ill of the man that she loved, that only showed how kind and loving he was. She had a hard time picturing it.

Then Vespera started to explain. It happened during Leta's attack. Her face softened when Vespera spoke about her pain and how she didn't want her to feel that pain. That was the moment that even she had bitten away from her until Greyback had been at her side. "Do you also remember that in that moment, I bit Greyback for coming too close to me?," she spoke. She didn't want to excuse Greyback and it wasn't an excuse for him. "I was blind with grief if you had come close I might have bitten you as well," she pointed out, she was not proud of that moment. But still, would Vespera then have been this angry at her for biting her?

Vespera always had a dramatic flair about her, but Valette was not telling her that. Valette stepped closer. "Your intentions were good in that moment, Vespera. But in that moment of trauma my reaction went back to the most basic of instincts and that was protect my baby from everyone around, even from my mate. I remember how I just bit and snarled at every shape that came too near for my liking. I could have hurt you even with your good intentions," she explained, how she experienced the trauma of Leta getting injured. "But it is important to know that I wouldn't mean such things. Would you have been mad at me the way you are mad at Greyback if I would have bitten you in my rage of emotions?"

Vespera had continued about how she had to take matters in her own hand. With her own dispair of feeling alone. She wished that Vespera wouldn't have done such drastic things. Valette wished she could have been there for Vespera but in that moment she had her own crisis. And now she understood why Vespera's hurt had gone over her head. She had been busy with Leta who had been close to dying. Valette lightly tilted her head. "So you are mad Greyback saved you?," she asked, confused once more. She wanted to say that Greyback wasn't like that but she knew that it would not be heard by Vespera.

"I think he would run day and night when he would hear you are in danger. But you would probably disagree with me," she sighed. That was the problem between Vespera and Greyback. Her mate was authoritative and very wolf like in his behavior and corrections. Valette loved that about him. A bite or a growl was common to hear from him but it was nothing personal, but Vespera had not been taught though cues. She was far more emotional in al her reactions. Valette felt that everything Greyback did would end up taking wrongly by the female.

"I am not going to excuse Greyback's behavior. You are hurt and your anger is not for nothing. But if you have such anger towards him how do you see yourself living here with the man you hate so much? And no Vespera before you start. I don't want you gone. You are part of our family. I just want you to think about if you would be in Easthollow, in our family, would you be able to live with Greyback? Would you be willing to talk to him about what happened?" Valette had been stepping closer to her to offer her that comfort if she needed it. "May I remind you that family is about forgiving each other," she added softly. Vespera had a lot to learn about family life, and this could be a wise lesson.

Novel :'D
Messages In This Thread
Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 02, 2019, 10:24 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 07, 2019, 05:08 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 08, 2019, 01:19 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 08, 2019, 06:31 AM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 11, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 12, 2019, 02:55 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 16, 2019, 03:16 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 17, 2019, 02:48 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by Vespera - December 21, 2019, 03:17 PM
RE: Your Mother Should Know - by RIP Valette - December 22, 2019, 04:23 AM