Neverwinter Forest you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about
1,397 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Tag for ref and/or BTS convo depending on when new threads take place?

Ooh? he said, putting on a face like he really was looking forward to an actual party that was maybe just right around the next bend. But somehow he didn't think Hydra would actually have a party, so that little bit of joking faded as he listened to Hydra's then Bronco's information. What they said was.. Totally irrational at best. What the hell, man? Also as a sidenote, we're gonna assume Mal doesn't remember/wasn't told Merrick's name because the writer does not freaking remember.

Mal scoffed, The hell is their issue? Of all the packs that told them to piss off, they hadn't really messed with us before directly, just our allies. Look -- I was just off in the mountains and one of their idiots tried to attack me there too -- and attacked a packmate before that. Not at their borders or anything. Didn't care he was the one creating trouble, even when I told him... They're trying to make enemies. A birdlike tilt of his head, pondering it, making a chipper deduction, They don't seem like a particularly intelligent group of wolves. Showing up in a peaceful area, attacking people, and then pissing off the most neutral of a web of allied packs seemed particularly daft, even to Mal who probably wasn't going to get into MENSA any time soon. But at least he was street smart. Despite being chatty, he knew when to shut up, and when to lie a little -- even if by omission. Did the guy in the mountains even know he'd crossed paths with one of the Neverwinter leaders? Probably not. And in this case, Mal preferred it that way.

What would @Simmik think of the fact that not only did that one dude attack them, but Donovan was outright out to spy on them? He'd apparently been nice to her, but what did that mean with this perspective? Maybe it really had been a trick, just spoiled by the nature of how the world had turned? They'd probably have to have a more detailed chat about it later, but even if he was just dropping news and running to make sure everything else stayed in line.
Messages In This Thread
RE: you ask me what I'm thinking about, I'll tell you what I'm thinking about - by Mal - September 17, 2020, 08:32 PM