Stone Circle My Keeper’s Sister
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

The presence of others didn’t often disturb him, but the familiar scent of Valette brought a nervous ball of energy to the pit of Sia’s stomach. He had been avoiding her. It was easier then dealing with… well dealing with her. The last real conversation they had hadn’t turned out as either had planned, and now an awkward air hung between them. He didn’t feel the urge to apologize for his words, but he did regret the distance that had risen since Nanook’s death. She had been extremely helpful raising his children and he knew she deserved more from him.

The last couple weeks had been a time of great reflection to the man who was still so devastated by his loss. He had grown in the last couple days, acknowledging his mistakes and striving to correct them. And with this in mind, he cleared his throat, flicked his eyes on her quickly before returning his gaze to the grazing herd. “Nakurmiik.” He started, pausing for only a moment knowing her understanding of the northern tongue was limited. “Thank you for helping me raise my children. I’m incredible grateful for you help in the last couple months.” Of course they had little disagreements over their parenting styles, for Sia was a hard man even with his children, while Valette was a strong leader but a tender mother. To be honest, she kind of reminded him of his own mother, except with a much stronger disposition.

He hoped his words weren’t to formal or awkward. Despite how reclusive he had been, he did appreciate her concern. But he was also extremely grateful for the space that she gave him. The time he could afford to try and come to terms with Nanook’s passing. He wasn’t recovered yet, but her knew it was at least time to try and reconnect with his family. The pain may never go away, but it was time to make room for it, rather than let it eclipse the rest of his life.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

Messages In This Thread
My Keeper’s Sister - by Siarut - November 01, 2020, 02:28 AM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by RIP Valette - November 02, 2020, 10:47 AM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by Siarut - November 02, 2020, 12:57 PM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by RIP Valette - November 02, 2020, 02:03 PM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by Siarut - November 04, 2020, 01:51 PM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by RIP Valette - November 06, 2020, 01:45 PM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by Siarut - November 10, 2020, 11:32 PM
RE: My Keeper’s Sister - by RIP Valette - November 14, 2020, 06:37 AM