Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,971 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Birth 
Surrounded by family in their cozy little cottage, Meerkat gave birth in the middle of the night. She couldn’t properly see her newborns but she touched them endlessly as she cleaned them and tucked them against her body. While they nursed, she put her nose to the top of each tiny head and memorized their scents. Meerkat fell asleep like that, head curled protectively over the bairns they would eventually call @Otter and @Skipjack.

When her eyes opened, early morning light crept into the den. Meerkat raised her head and unfurled slightly to look at her youngest two for the first time. The firstborn was a pudgy little girl, dark brown with the most darling pale belly. And the other, a boy, resembled his da and older brother so strongly, it made her chest ache.

It took her a very long time to look away from them, just to take a peek around the den. Was anyone else awake? Many of them had been there for her during the labor and delivery. They were all exhausted. But Meerkat did not hesitate to croon a low note, hoping to gently wake them so they could come properly meet the family’s newest additions.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)