Redhawk Caldera i could travel just by folding a map. [MFT]
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
*cough* @Elwood *cough* :D I figured our current thread was going to be finished up purdy soooon <3 I'll set this for tomorrow if that's kay

Fox and Peregrine had clearly lost their fucking brain baskets. They wanted Fin to be the godmother of their children? Did they not hear the Fin versus the bear story? Or the Fin versus the moose story? Or the Fin versus the rattlesnake story? Or the Fin versus the bear story? The Blackthorn was fairly certain any maternal bone in her body had been smashed into dust by her mother's and sister's births, which she had witness on two separate dares from the same bitch ass brother. Why had she kept getting sucked into that... Where was I? Ah yes. Finley Blackthorn had proven time and time again that the task of keeping herself alive was a daily struggle, how was she supposed to keep tiny breakable little creatures alive?

Finley stopped suddenly upon the snowy landscape as she realized that she had no idea where she was or where she'd been heading. She was about midway up the Caldera on one of the inner slopes where the terrain was rockier and a little more treacherous. She took a moment to use that very situation as evidence as to why the alphas were clearly suffering from some sort of brain diseases before she was distracted by a scent that was slightly out of the ordinary from everything she'd become used to thus far on her meanderings. Abandoning her argument in the middle of thinking WHAT IF I WALK THEM RIGHT OFF OF A CLIFF--, Finley pressed forward, following the somewhat dank and earthy scent that was faintly painted on the breeze.

It took the beta perhaps twenty minutes to discover the crevice upon the mountainside from which the funny-flavored wind came. She barely paused to debate it before she wedged herself between the faces of the rocks and began to climb down into the darkness. Though the tunnel likely would have given a larger wolf some trouble, Fin found she could slip fairly easily through it. The only issue she had was the uneven terrain and the sudden drops of varying lengths that she could only predict were coming by creeping very slowly and thrusting her front paws out to feel for them before putting weight upon her steps.

Fortunately, the treacherous part of the journey was over fairly quickly as the tunnel suddenly opened up wider and wider and wider before it burst open entirely into a what could only be metaphorically described as an elegant ballroom deep within the mountain. Upon the high ceilings hung chandeliers of milky white and ivory stalagmites that glittered with the shards of sunlight that shone in through a long split in the roof. The floor shone as well like a smooth plate of glass that Fin quickly realized was actually a very wide and thick layer of ice after she'd stepped out onto it and nearly fell flat on her face.

It was a curious place, full of glittering light and damp air. Fin walked carefully out towards the center of the area, her gaze all the while searching the walls to see just how far back they went. She had a feeling that they faded into darkness long before they came solidly together to block the way, but with no light and no real curiosities to draw her back towards them, the Blackthorn amused herself instead by slipping and sliding on the natural ice rink.

Messages In This Thread
i could travel just by folding a map. [MFT] - by Finley - December 30, 2014, 09:28 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - December 30, 2014, 11:04 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - December 31, 2014, 09:06 AM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - December 31, 2014, 10:14 AM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - December 31, 2014, 11:41 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 03:52 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 04:53 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 09:15 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 09:22 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Elwood - January 01, 2015, 09:42 PM
RE: i could travel just by folding a map. - by Finley - January 01, 2015, 09:50 PM