Silvertip Mountain I am ready now
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Joining 
It took her a while for Valette to come here, she did her time thinking and it was better this way. Steady was right. She was willing to try again in another pack. Her life had been turbulent and all over the place. Now she was a lone wolf that didn't mean she got the peace and quiet she thought she would get from it.

Being a lone wolf was rather tough especially if one wanted to survive. It was late afternoon, unknown that the previous day a member had died, when she howled for @Steady. The girl was a skilled hunter, so she could put her skills to the test and deliver some more food on the table for the STM wolves. Valette sat down. She also realized that she knew several wolves here already, that one female Krypton and Steady and Mason. She was going to be alright.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He had been patrolling the borders since late morning. It seemed his brain didn't feel so frazzled if he was moving, and he didn't care if he was wasting energy. He just needed to move. The howl that reached his ears wasn't quite welcome, but he wouldn't ignore it. He was already heading in that direction, anyways. 

His ears perked when the wolf came into view, his eyes squinting. Was that Desna? He hadn't really ever expected to see her again, though he had invited her here the last they met. A hint of a smile appeared on his maw, though it wasn't nearly the one he would usually have to greet her. Desna, he greeted warmly. What brings you here? He figured she was visiting, remembering she hadn't wanted to join a pack last they spoke.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked around to see if anyone was coming. She was a little nervous because she thought she would see Mason again. The girl was met with Steady, which was a good alternative. The girl's tail wagged in greeting. Something seemed up with Steady, though she didn't dare to ask.

"Hi Steady. First of all, my name is Valette now," she corrected. The girl then laid down submissively to him. "I came here with your words in mind. I want to be in the Silvertip Mountain pack, and create a new family. I bring my hunter skills with me," she spoke calmly and quite collected. She experienced her fair share of death, so maybe she could also be a counselor to him, or a therapist.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Ever the down-to-business type, she told him of her name change straight from the get-go. He had liked that she didn't beat around the bush. She had always gotten straight to the point in things, and he could definitely appreciate that. Very well, Valette, he responded with a soft smile. He wondered if her name change had anything to do with her leaving her previous pack to set a new course for herself. New name, new life?

He was surprised when she voiced her wishes to join the pack, and his expression showed it. You're welcome here, of course, he said firstly, wanting to qualm any fears she might have had over that. What changed your mind? he asked, curious.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was very down to business, except dealing with her feelings. Towards Mason she had not been very clear, and she had been kind of going in a circle with what to do. But with other things she was very straight to the point. She nodded with respect, still laying down before him. After all he was going to be her new alpha.

The girl glanced up briefly and quirked up her lips. "You did, your words helped. I have not fully found myself yet, but that is okay. After experiencing the silence and the loneliness I come to a realization that you were right."
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He was a little surprised to hear that it was his words that affected her, and caused her to rethink her situation. He nodded, agreeing with her. You're right that it's okay you haven't found yourself yet. We all go through phases and changes in our lives that brings about the need for change, and that doesn't happen overnight. It's okay to get a feel for the new you, he said, smiling softly. He knew he would not be the same wolf leading that he was following, it just didn't work that way. He himself was still adjusting to his new position, and knew it would take some time for her, as well. 

Well, no reason to waste any more time, he said, knowing he would not turn her away. Come meet your new home. He moved to the side, a silent welcoming along with his words to let her know she could enter. Oh, um, he said, a little unsure in how to tell her. Mason has... Well, he isn't here. He's been missing since his sister's death, he said softly. He knew from their last conversation that she might be apprehensive about that. For now, there was no need.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could only agree to his words. The young girl was a bit reminded of Reek and his wise words. Yet she was pretty sure Steady wasn't a cheater. The dark colored girl quirked up her lips a bit. "Thank you," she spoke to her new alpha and pushed herself to her feet. She grew a bit nervous because well, she would see Mason soon. She actually wondered why he wasn't here yet.

The girl smiled when Steady spoke about showing her new home. "Actually! Mason showed me bits behind the border already," she admitted with a bit of a smile, which instantly dropped when Steady told her that Mason wasn't at Silvertip currently. The girl looked like she was slapped in the face. Her tail dropping. "Oh," she let out softly. It sounded heartbreaking. She couldn't help but have tear well up a bit in her eyes. She knew it!! She knew it!!!!!! Males would never stick around.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
His expression was thoughtful as she admitted Mason had already shown her the territory a bit. If Steady didn't know about that, he wondered if Ftiz or Zaria had. Let's, uh- Not do that with anyone else, he said with a smile. He knew Valette, and knew she wouldn't harm anyone here, but he didn't want anyone getting the idea it was okay to let just any wolf come into the territory. 

He frowned when Valette seemed upset that Mason was gone. He hated that he had to tell her that. I'm sorry, I know things were a little rocky with you two, he commented, knowing that didn't mean she didn't care for his nephew. Figuring it best to move on, Steady turned to walk back into the territory, motioning with his muzzle for her to enter, as well. Well, you'll be right at home since you already know some of the place, he said, glancing back with a smile to see if she was following. If so, he would leave her to explore a bit and continue with his patrols.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at Steady and shook her head in agreement. "I would never, Steady. I almost didn't dare to do so because I though it would be disrespectful but Mason insisted. He really liked to share a bit of his home with me. I think to convince me to stay," she ended in a whisper.

Steady noticed her sadness and the girl was quick to throw up her walls and just swallow away any sadness. "It's okay Steady. I am used to it," she spoke to him and shrugged a bit. The girl stepped over the border and sniffed the air. She would have some good time exploring her new home and finding a place where she could rest or withdrawal. "I will be one howl away if you need me," she spoke to him, trying to shrug off the fact that she somewhat joined for Mason. She was certain there were other great wolves around.