Silvertip Mountain Homecoming
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Private 
@Valette set morning before she leaves <3

Ezekiel was doing an early morning round, enjoying the soft light of the morning. Other than night time this was his favorite time of day. The rising sun and the quiet. He liked quiet. It gave him time to think. The topic of his thoughts this particular morning was Valette. When they'd first met, he'd thought surprise! Another pretty female as usual. But then they hunted together, albeit Anita was there. He'd approved of her skills then. Then at the pack hung when she'd given her advice to the alpha so boldly, a kind of spunk he appreciated. And then their conversation together, which ended with silence. A nice silence in which they simply took time to enjoy each other's presence.

That had been the tip of the iceberg. Now he couldn't forget that feeling of being close to someone. He hadn't ever felt this way, butterflies in his stomach and a smile on his face. He'd never had a crush before, was that what this feeling was? He shook the thought out of his head. He didn't have time for crushes, he was supposed to be guarding the border and training and whatnot. But then he'd remember her hazel green eyes and his mind would drift.

As he walked, he noticed a scent. Her scent. What was Valette doing out by the border. Had she decided to patrol? He followed it curiously until he came to see the dark female stepping across the Silvertip border. He barked after her to get her attention, bounding over but keeping his distance, not wanting to intrude. Valette? Are you leaving? He asked, silently hoping she wasn't. He wanted to hang out with her more, get to know her, and here she was leaving? This must be how Steady felt when Niita left.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette left at the crack of dawn. She hoped to reach the foot of the mountain by noon so then she could at least make it up the mountain a good way before she would settle down for the night. She knew the mountains, especially ones she wasn't familiar with were dangerous at night. The girl was positive that she was not going to fail at this. A true mission! She really liked to think it was really important.

The young female jumped lightly when she heard a bark. She turned to look at the one who voiced a bark. Her green hazel eyes traveled over Ezekiel's frame. The girl looked surprised at him and then quirked up her lips. "Hi Zeke," she returned to him in greeting. He sounded so questioning. The girl nodded shortly in reply to him. Because she was leaving.

"Not for good though. Steady gave me a mission to get to know more about the Taiga and perhaps also Rising Sun for my Ranger Specialty. I hope that gains me enough knowledge to gain my specialty," she explained to him. "And well it is a mission for Steady," she spoke with a hit of a smile, because she found it exciting. What Zeke didn't know, was that she was born in Rising Sun, born in Bearclaw Valley and grown up in the Phoenix Maplewoods. She hadn't told him much about herself.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel halted when she jumped a bit. He hadn't meant to surprise her, but he was a huge mean looking male. To see him running towards someone would be rather surprising. She spoke, and confirmed his suspicions. It made him sad, but he didn't know her all that well yet anyway. He had hoped to, but perhaps that could wait for when she returned. He nodded, it was a mission for Steady after all. Plus he knew that she was ambitious, this was a good opportunity for the girl. I'm sure you'll do fine. He said, hiding his slight disappointment.

Deciding to talk a bit more, Zeke asked a question. Have you been to that place before? A simple question, he didn't expect much out of it. Just small talk. Perhaps she would share a bit more than a yes or no, but he knew he probably wouldn't. No one in the pack, even Steady knew of his brutal past. He didn't plan on telling either. For all he knew Valette could be the same way.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette slowly pulled her face into a soft smile when he complimented her. She did not hear the disappointment. She was rather surprised that she had gotten compliment. However then he asked the question if she had been there before. She opened her mouth to start talking but closed it. She could tell him all about how she was born in another region, and then moved right till the edge of the taiga. But that would make things complicated to explain, and frankly she wasn't sure if she wanted to open that scar. Maybe after she returned she might have found some peace and was ready to talk.

"I've been there before," she returned. "But briefly, so it will be mostly unknown territory for me," she explained, giving a bit more information. She looked over him and then to her paws. "You still promised me to watch over me while a sleep. So you better not be gone when I return," she spoke to him then, which was quite a big thing for her to say. Yet, the last time she went on a trip the Phoenix pack had gone to shit. Her adoptive father gone with half of the pack. She had not been able to say goodbye. So in a way, her fear of losing someone was reflected in that one sentence.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel could tell for a second that Valette was hesitant. She seemed a secretive type, as was he and he didn't mind if she wanted to keep something from him. He did the same all the time. Valette spoke, she had been there before, but briefly. He was about to speak again, but she continued. Flustered a bit at her comment, Ezekiel stepped back a little. I won't be going anywhere. I'll wait here for you. He said, and though it was a friendly playful sort of comment to him, it was also very truthful. Even if he wasn't planning on staying before, which he was, now that she was part of the pack he had all the more reason to stay.

He smiled at her, glad to know that she wanted him to stay as much as he wanted her to return. The large grey male sighed, looking at the horizon. The sun was rising quickly, and Valette would probably we off soon. Well have a good trip, when you get back I'll make sure to keep my promise, and maybe you can tell me how it went. He said, tail thumping slightly against the ground. Ezekiel didn't want her to go, for her felt he should protect her. He couldn't do that with her away somewhere. But he trusted her not to need protecting, and he knew she would return.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked at him with her big hazel green eyes when he promised he would wait for her to return. She wanted to naively believe his words. Why was she so affected by it? Why did she feel the fluttering. No. Men weren't loyal, they would always leave. She had seen it many times. However it didn't show on her face. She was not that close with Ezekiel, but she did like him. He didn't make much of a fuss about things. He was calm and Valette liked that. "I'd like that," she admitted

He already wished her a good trip. Her ears fell back because she didn't want to go now. She rather wanted to chat a bit more, but she also realized she had a deadline. She wanted to reach the mountains before it was dark. "I promise I will tell you about it then," she spoke in return and smiled kindly at him. Because, well she hadn't told him a lot, hadn't she? She gave a quick nod, lingering a bit. "Okay. I will see you in a few weeks," she spoke as a soft goodbye.
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
She'd like that. Ezekiel smiled, his pale blue eyes glinting with happiness. He was a calm guy, the only thing that gave away how truly happy he was were his boyish eyes. He tried his best to act mature but sometimes he couldn't contain himself. Valette made him happy, and knowing that she was happy about him too was all that he needed to know. He would wait patiently for her return, at least externally. Inside he could hardly wait to see her again. She said her goodbyes, lingering there for a moment. Zeke paused, unsure of what to say or do.

Something inside him wanted to kiss her, but that was too much. He wanted to keep her safe, he wanted to go with her and get to know her better. He still hardly knew what the feeling of having a crush was. It was foreign to him, but he had one. He started to absentmindedly lean forwards, as if to give her a quick lick, but paused a backed up when he realized what he was doing. He dropped his ears, he looked like a confused child like this. He waited a moment before speaking again. Safe umm, traveling then. Valette. He said her name, he liked how it sounded.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched how he leaned in a bit. Her eyes fell back too when he came closer, unsure what he was going to do. She had a feeling he wanted to give her a lick? The girl blinked at him when he seemed to snap out of it. Her green eyes looked a him and then she nodded. She wanted to give him a lick, but then she had to remind herself that males weren't loyal. If he would wait for her to return then he might get a lick from her. "See you soon," she returned and then turned away and trotted off, ready to begin her adventure.

Awwwww <3
bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
<3! Adorable!

Ezekiel watched Valette as she seemed to pause as well. They almost both got carried away for a moment. Oh well, the moment was over. Back to reality. He had to remember that he hardly knew anything about relationships. He'd never been in one, and didn't know exactly what to do. By the time Valette came back, maybe he'd be ready. See you soon. She said, then turned and left. Bye. He said, quietly before turning to go back to his patrol. He would eagerly await his return, but had an idea of what to do in the meantime.