Raven's Watch We do need back up
Well, it's me, and I'm here, so get over it and move on!
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
@Stark alrighty friend here we go! :)

The man was new to this land, the Teekon Wilds. At first he arrived on the coast, it was the easiest land to search, however he had found nothing but sand between his toes. Rhodes as he was known was on a mission, one that was near and dear to his heart. He was looking for his best friend, his brother in arms, he looking for Stark. It had been while since he had seen his friend, Rhodes could only hope that his friend was ok. He had a habit of getting himself into prickly situations. Rhodes shook his head a grin on his face, as he thought of that other man.

Rhodes dark coat easily hid him within the tree where he now found himself, after a failed search on the beach Rhodes had no choice other than to travel inland. It appeared as though this mission of his was going to take a lot longer than he had anticipated. Oh well. Rhodes shrugged slightly, it was worth it. If only to make sure his friend was still kicking.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
Counselor {I II III IV V/5}Scout {I II III IV V/5}
Feel free to tag Rhodes whenever.
A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
His thoughts occasionally went to the wolves he had known before he had settled at the Keep. Mostly Hogan and Rhodey, who had become the only wolves he trusted outside of Banner explicitly. He hoped they were safe, he hoped that they were okay. He trusted his gut and his confidence in his people though that they truly were safe and hadn't fallen to the famine.

Stark had set out that day knowing Banner was staying in the keep, that she would be around if trouble started and if need be, she could also call him to come back. With Nova Rose gone he worried over her ill intentions. He didn't trust the old bat, knowing she was so quick to lash out and act irresponsibily - he wouldn't put it past her to cause trouble for them. 

The Watch had been where he had met Octavia, where he had found Banner again, and it served as a gateway from their lands to ones around them. He struck with little more in mind than exploring, maybe getting a lead on what Nova Rose might have gone off to. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] 3/5
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodey admitted that he was a little lost, althogh being in unknown territory he often found that he was walking around in circles. Rhodes couldn't figure out now if he was walking in circles or if the scenery was just that similar. He kept walking none the less, and that was when he stumbled on a scent that was oddly familiar and yet different. The scent was accompanied by a set of tracks on the forest floor. Pausing for only a secondm Rhodes brought his snout close to the ground, he couldn't quite place the scent however, it was mingled with several scents. There was one thing he was certain of though, it was a wolf.

Rhodey trotted after the scent, although tried to keep himself hidden. You could never be to careful, and this canine may not be looking for company. He found that the trail was actually a path.... not well traveled but a path none the less. Although where it lead Rhodey had no idea. Entering the woods to remain hidden, Rhodes continued to follow the trail of this stranger. He was hoping beyond hope that this strangely familiar wolf might have an idea of where his friend might be. Around a bend Rhodes found the stranger. A dark wolf walking alone.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
The feeling of being watched was one that Stark especially loathed. It was starting to raise the hairs along his shoulders, he could just feel someone nearby. Stark turned abruptly, cutting off the path and veering away from the Keep, taking him further into the Raven's Watch. It was an easy distraction for whoever was following him, and Stark paused, coming to stop beneath a large tree. 

The murder of crows had return, the beady eyes following the wolves beneath them - it had unsettled Banner, but Stark didn't care. The Beta lifted his head, close enough to his packlands to feel confident. He turned to face the approaching wolf. His blue eyes peered ahead, unable to smell him from where he stood. 
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes watched the man turn away from his current path. He knew he hadn't been detected, or at least he was confident that he hadn't. Following silently behind, Rhodes came to a halt still hidden within the trees. The large tree which the male stopped at, seemed to house a family of crows. The birds seemed to have a a sixth sense, and stared in his direction. "Creepy." Rhodey whispered to himself. 

The male turned, and that was what took Rhodes by surprise. His head shot up and his jaw fell open. "Stark?" He gasped. While it was not overly visible, there was a scar running along the males chest, he tried to hide it, but Rhodes could see it clear as day. He would never forget his friends gruesome wounds. Slowly, hesitantly, Rhodes revealed himself. He took a small step toward the male, was this really his friend or was it just a trick of the light.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
He was careful, even in his pride, that the way he held himself kept the scars along his chest as covered as possible. It would be known to the ones who had seen him - who had watched him learn to move again without reopening his wounds time and time again. Banner and Rhodey were the only ones he'd ever let so close as to see him so very weak. He took a moment, considering his stance, before the other figure's scrutinizing gaze swept across him. "Rhodey?" The voice was so familiar to him, the sound everything he had remembered - although he could not have fathomed him here of all places.

Stark stepped forward, a bright grin on his face to take place where the grimace had been and he gave a shake of his coat to ease the hackles that had lifted. "I've been waiting," He said, stopping just a couple paces from Rhodey - grinning even as he looked him over. "God, you left me alone way too long - you can't blame me for any of the things I"ve gotten into." 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was his friend indeed, a grin came to his face. "Stark! My friend!" Rhodey came forward stopping just short of his friend. He looked great, almost better than Rhodey had anticipated.

"Wait a sec, did you say waiting! I've been looking for you for god knows how long, Stark." Rhodey back pedaled, "Gotten into?" Rolling his eyes, Rhodey was almost ready to turn around except, "If I wasn't so god damn happy to see you Stark... god help me." He feigned anger. 

Looking seriously at his friend, "Seriously though Stark, you look good." Rhodes nodded he head, glad to see his friend.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark gave a shrug, head canting to the side for a moment. "Like I said, waiting." He repeated firmly. "Because without you here I've been responsible for my own actions. How horrible for me." He said with a bark of a laugh. Rhodey had rarely been able to properly stop Stark from his wilder ideas but, at least, he had been capable of supporting him and making his choices more even. Less reckless. Stark reached forward, bumping his snout against Rhodey's shoulder. 

"Banner made it here. Cap too - but she's gone. Surprising, really, but...who knows." It bothered him greatly, and it wasn't something he expected to hear of his sister but he hadn't caught sight of her, caught her scent, heard that she was out somewhere - nothing in weeks. It seemed he'd gotten his wish, only bringing a twist of his stomach with guilt, because Banner was present and Captain was not. He'd traded one sister for another. 

"What happened?" He was curious how Rhodey had fared, if he had seen the same sort of tragedy that the rest of the lands seemed to or not.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
[ooc] I read in your profile that Stark was part of many packs, none where you held a rank but still part of them. I wrote this kinda assumingt that you meet Rhodes by join his pack for a while.... If this is incorrect let me know and I'll edit my post :) "

Rhodes rolled his eyes once more, just to prove a point, although he still grinned at his friend. "You responsible? I've never heard of such a thing." He tilted his head, to the side in a joking matter. "I guess you can stop being 'responsible' the grown ups have arrived." He chuckled, whole heartedly.

His ears perked forward at the mention of his friends sibilings, "Cap and Banner?!" Rhodey was surprised that both Starks littermates had found their way back together, even if one had disappeared. "Well she has to find her own way Stark. Maybe she'll be back one day." Rhodey smiled a small smile, and nudged his friend. Rhoey knew of the relationship between Cap and Stark. 

Rhodes paused slightly taking a small step back, "My dad and Jean..." He cleared his throat his emotion getting to him, slowly he sat down, "Their gone Stark." Rhodes looked toward his friend with great sadness in his eyes. "Their dead." Rhodes exhaled softly, his gaze falling to his paws.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
No that works perfectly! And feel free to name the pack - Stark never stayed long in many places, but, I do love the idea that he stayed with Rhodes family the longest!

He had been a man who was self assured for as long as he had drawn breathes. In this though, he felt more comfortable with Rhodey and it was in this regard that he looked to the man, the grin on his face as solid as could be. "I can I just never had a good enough reason to." Stark said with a smirk. Stark chuckled as Rhodey promised to ease his burden of behaving. "Actually I'm acting responsible adult. Beta in my pack - highest ranking male." Of the two wolves higher than them both were of the fairer sex, but, Stark was happy with his place. 

Stark nodded when Rhodey confirmed his sister's presences, tilting his head to the side as he suggested Captain would make it back. "I've just gotta wonder why she left. That she didn't stay - that's just not like her." He wondered then what it all meant. The blonde could have stayed, could have told them - something though, would have been better than vanishing. 

Rhodey stepped back from him and Stark's blue eyes closed just a bit, worry over the male making him pause. He swallowed thickly as the male spoke, stepping forward to nuzzle his friend - his head resting over Rhodey's back. "I'm...I'm so sorry." He said softly, frowning. He hated the idea of them being gone - of Rhodes suffering, of their suffering.
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Cool! Sounds good to me

Rhodes accepted the comfort from his long time friend, pushing against Stark expressing his need for comfort and gratitude for understanding. "I left shortly after they..." He coughed slightly, and continued, "I've been looking for you ever since." Rhodes shruged, "I couldn't watch my ma suffer anymore, she... well she couldn't handle my dad and Jean being gone. I figured I could wander the world with you, but it appears I've arrived to late." He laughed a little, trying to disperse the sadness in the air.

"You've settled down. You have a rank? A high rank as it were." Rhodes smirked slightly, although there was still sadness in his eyes, he had been travelling for a few months, and he hadn't spoken of his family with anyone in just as long. His wounds were still open, and this caused more pain. He felt responsible, and guilty, and most of all angry. Angry at himself, and his father, and his mother. Rhodes was normally laid back, he had never felt such strong anger. It would only be a matter of time before it reveiled itself. For the moment, Rhodes reveled more in his sadness then in his anger.

"I wanted to start over, start new and fresh." Rhodes looked past his friend, toward the tree and the ravens who still stood and watched them.  "That's why I came to find you, you are my best friend Stark, you are my brother. You are my family."
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
They very rarely sat like this, curled against one another in a move of comfort and solidarity. This was an occasion though that superseded the need for their personal strengths - it was two brothers mourning together. Stark blinked back the hot tears they had filled his eyes, remembering fondly how Rhodes' entire family had brought him in, treated him like one of their own. There had never been any doubt there and the months he'd spent with them had been some of his best. Stark let out a slow sigh, his eyes closing for a moment as he considered the way that the world had shifted so quickly. It wasn't fair. 

"I wish I had been there for you." He said softly, still frowning. "I'm sorry I wasn't." Because he should have - he should have done better, had been more dedicated. He'd talked to them all and they had wished him good luck in his travels but still it didn't make it any easier to leave them behind and now, knowing that he wouldn't see his second family again - well. The dark male could barely meet Rhodes' eyes for a few moments. 

'We're family." He agreed, breathing it out easily. There was a conviction to his voice when it came to Rhodes, and he knew that no matter what it came down to he'd always be there to support the male. "You've always got a home with me....no matter what, we'd take you in." It made it sound like Rhodey needed the help when it was the furthest from the truth, but, it was still a little joke just for the male's sake. 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes nodded to his friend, "There is nothing to apologize for Stark. We all knew you couldn't stay, you're to much of a free spirit." He smiled, looking at his friend, it was easy sitting here with Stark. It felt as if no time had past.

"I appreciate that." He looked away from his friend, glad to know that Stark felt the same way. When he looked back he was serious, "You are my brother, I would stand by your side to hell and back. If you have room for me Stark, I would gladly stand beside you in your new pack." A grin came to his maw then, "Besides I can't let you have all the fun. And who is going to look after you? Besides I bet your pack has no idea what they have gotten themselves into." Rhodey laughed heartily.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
"I could have done something," He said softly. "I...I should have done better." He whispered it. He felt horrible, he couldn't handle the moment entirely. There was a part of him that struggled by the notion that a family he had come to call his own was no more. "Rhodey," He said as he finally tried to let it go - at least right then. They could mourn later, but, he didn't want to make his friend relieve all those moments. "We always have space for you." He said with a smile. "Always." If it came down to it he'd kick someone out in favor of keeping Rhodey present. He was biased. Probably unfairly. 

He didn't care though. "We can get you settled and then I...I'd like to do something to honor them. If..if that's okay." Stark wasn't spiritual at all, but, he cared a great deal. It was important to him to pay tribute to the family that had taken him in. 
48 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Rhodes shook his head, he had no wish to speak of his family any longer. He had no more words, he himself felt guilty enough as it was. Rhodes wasn't sure if he could handle his friends guilt at the moment uptop his own.

He was gratefull thought that his friend was willing to offer his own home to Rhodes, "I appreciate your hospitality as always Stark." He dipped his head, gratitude in his stance. "I knew you'd never turn me away." Rhodes grinned sligthly, and nudged Stark with his shoulder. He took a moment to think, he hadn't really had time to honor his family yet. His mother had been so distraught. "I would appreciate it Stark, they deserve closure." He lowered his head slightly, he was still sadened, but there were other things that need his attention.

Clearing his throat, "So are you going to show me your home? Or are we going to sit here all day?" He chuckled slightly.
Rhodes' Pawprints
Desired Trades:
707 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Ambassador
Stark smiled as Rhodey accepted his offer, glad to have his friend in his pack. It was a turn of events, certainly, from how things had been when they'd first met. Stark was the one who'd shelter his friend some. "Yeah, we'll head that way." He offered with a small smile as he nudged his friend's shoulder. "Lets go. My sister Banner is here, I've got to introduce you two." And then there was Octavia and Tambourine, but, he needed to see how they were doing before he just sprung someone else on them. 

"Only rule of the pack really is we don't tell others where we live. The pack is called Marauder's Keep, and we all sleep in a cave system in the mountainside called the Crook. It's....weird, at first, sleeping next to everyone. But it makes it homey I guess." Stark explained as he lead Rhodey towards the packlands. "I've got a place I want you to see. I think it might be really nice." He could maybe put a memorial out there, maybe one for Kunik too.

As they walked, Stark explained the brief history of how things had gone with the pack. Warbone's disappearance, the few that had left them - he wanted his best friend caught up.