Silver Creek anna no, what an embarrassing way to go
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Aeronwyn - right outside of SC

there a snap -- and then -- a loud yelp; indra fell back, as if pushed by some unseen gale. she bumbled, hind over teakettle, her litle jaws clenched and eyes rolling as the world pivoted wildly across her vision. in a small heap of dust and debris she slumped, her momentum finally over. clutched tight in her teeth was the splintered edge of a stick -- such a small prize for the red child's immense triumph. she growled playfully and gnawed it contently, tugging at the twigs with little pearly teeth.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
She had truly come far, had she not? The scent of border was close, too close, and Aeronwyn decided to head back. Her goal was to scout unseen, unscented, gaining knowledge without others knowing she had been here. She had spun on her heel, ready to turn away from the border, when a snap caught her attention. Her form stilled, ears perked, and she cautiously turned back. Prey?

Her steps took her to the form that she had glimpsed, eager for perhaps a bite to eat. Most of the form was obscured by undergrowth, the scent being blown away from her. The small brown form was still, twitching, and she imagined a rabbit gnawing on a meal. How wrong she was.

She was off, right for the meal, but understanding dawned too late, and she had little time to change direction. Shit. A pup. Her paws gorged the ground a few inches from the pup's side, screeching to a halt. Her leap had ended rather ungracefully, and she ended in a heap close to the pup. She quickly surged to her feet, unknowingly between the pup and the border, and looked at the little brown bundle nervously. For once, she was speechless, with surprise and worry, and lowered her stance closer to the girl's level.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
is it okay if we bump to present day?

gamely the red child worked the splintered end of the stick, growling instinctively and pawing at it each time the supple wood bent from her teeth. she did not notice the noise, nor the rush of pale fur -- not until it was upon her. she squealed loudly, horrified -- and instinctively found herself flipping upright onto her paws and running. she knew not where she ran, nor what it was that hounded her -- all she knew was something had come for her, something white and big and malignant had come to kill her, and nothing else.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
the thing did not chase her; indra fled on foot fleeter than any spirit, her breath rapid and sharp. she did not stop until she was at the den, and even then her heart still galloped onwards with fear. she threw herself in between laurel and spring and stayed there panting until exhaustion overcame her and she fell to a fretful, dreamsplattered sleep.

wrapping up since this is outdated!