Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Awareness Month :D

Valette was starting to feel at home at the mountain but that didn't mean she was going to get herself cooped up there. The young female trotted down over the glacier down to the fields filled with flowers. She wondered what lands lay beyond the mountain. She wasn't sure what kind of wolves she would meet, but she wasn't too worried.

She wouldn't venture too far. The girl was not to too far away from her home lands, so strange, she had moved so many times already before she was even a year. The girl often wondered where the Phoenix pack went and if they were alright. But she would have to let that go now, they were out of her life and she had to continue living.

Valette walked through the meadow, flowers becoming more apparent in the meadow. It cheered her up to see the plants return. It meant that she could hunt more prey once more.
revel in your own
30 Posts
Ooc — Penelope
OOC: Thanks for the AW post! ^^ Darsal is a member of the Royal Fire Court in Golden Glade, but they're not official yet, so she's still technically classified as a rogue. 

The land stretched for many miles from the Golden Glade to even the nearest pack territory. Darsal was quite the traveler, although her days as a loner were behind her. 
Her pack, the Court, comprised of only a few wolves. She'd set out a couple of days ago, heading northwest, in search for both prey and new recruits. Her usual detached aura was now slightly adjusted to be as inviting as she could muster, but her patience could only go so far. She had journeyed across the murky terrain of Frogspawn Swamp and had swum across the tributaries of Alpine Lake, all over a day. 
Although she had strong, lengthy legs and a spirit with plenty of stamina, her endurance had begun to run short today. She had caught and eaten a marsh rabbit yesterday, but that energy could only sustain her for so long. Darsal would have to hunt soon.
The ashen-black wolf avoided the Moonstone Quarry, not willing to deal with the rough lay of the gorge. She stayed in the shallow areas of the Deepwood Weald, taking care to keep in the sparsely-set trees. Soon, Darsal reached Chimera Fields, a beautiful, wide-open meadow flecked with patches of flowers and greenery with few trees. Many pheasants made their nests in the small thickets that were scattered here and there, a fact she remembered from a past hunt here. 
The figure of subdued grays headed into the fields, breaking into a swift, jovial canter. Everything was so beautiful here, all of her worries seemed to disappear: the struggle of creating a new pack, or even... even Mako. 
She had to write a historical cinquain, however short, about this excursion of recruitment: 
Our Court
Our Court,
bravery, bold,
endure, lead, fulfill.
  anger, agony, sanity —
rule.

This was the second poem she had written in honor of her clan, one of keeping morale and hope, and it would surely be told in the future.

OOC: Yeah, had to have this thread for my Chronicler-Bard trade. ^^
Join Aspen, Charley, and the rest of us in our journey to form the Royal Fire Court!
[Image: chronicler.gif] Chronicler-Bard Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: gamekeeper.gif] Hunter-Tracker Trade: 1 2 3 4 5
IC: Darsal Corvega — OOC: Penelope
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette was not sure what she was trying to accomplish, she could track for any type of prey, or find a nice stream for fishing. She also wanted to work on her Scout trade. Not sure if she would be an ambassador or rather a ranger. She liked the idea of a ranger. Maybe she could be both, and a fisher. Though there was also the thing that she could be a trapper. The girl was lost in thought.

It was only moments later when she saw an ashen female standing quite a distance still away. The girl trotted over at a casual pace, letting out a chuff to let the other know she was there. The charcoal girl had a friendly disposition by the look on her face. "Hello," she greeted.
revel in your own
30 Posts
Ooc — Penelope
OOC: Since I don't see any way for this thread to help you with your Scout trade, maybe we could do some fishing together? That is, if Valette is up to it.

After finishing her bout of jovial poetry, she began a nonchalant trot through the fields, heading more north than east. Soon, her ears picked up a scuffling noise, and she turned her head to see a blackened she-wolf appear from the undergrowth. 
Darsal returned her greeting with one of her own, keeping her tone friendly: Hi. What're you doing out here on this fine day, Silvertip? On the charcoal wolf, she could smell the easily-distinguishable scent of the Silvertip Mountain Pack, whose base rested not far north of here. Darsal had heard tales of them and visited their borders undetected, thus giving her recognition of her allegiance.
Join Aspen, Charley, and the rest of us in our journey to form the Royal Fire Court!
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Oh that would be nice! Let's just see where IC brings us! Whether or not they go fishing! It is alright! And technically Darsal can't know the name of Silvertip if she hadn't talked to anyone at the border ;)

Valette was kind of surprised and caught of guard that she knew that she was from Silvertip and knew their pack name. The scout frowned lightly, unsure if she talked to anyone from their pack. The charcoal girl tipped her head a bit. "How do you know I am from Silvertip?" Valette wondered because she as a scout could learn from this female how she gained her information.

Other than that her stance was friendly. she was usually more quiet, she knew that listening was sometimes more valuable that talking yourself.
revel in your own
30 Posts
Ooc — Penelope
"Darsal had heard tales of them and visited their borders undetected, thus giving her recognition of her allegiance." I thought this gave a sufficient explanation, but if not, I can still edit my post. :)

Darsal had expected the question and gave a sort of chuckle when she asked it. She couldn't blame the black wolf for being somewhat taken aback at her words; if a strange wolf had spoken to her outright as a Court member, she would have reacted just the same.
I'm sorry. I know we haven't met, but I've caught the scent of your pack — and now on you — and there's sometimes talk of them among the lone wolves in any region. I must say, I've heard a lot about the Silvertips, and I have respect for them. Her words were even yet full of admiration.
Darsal felt that this new encounter should know her name. I'm Darsal Corvega. I'm part of the Court in the Hinterlands, she said, leaving her pack's location in broad specification so as to keep her new-formed pack secure.
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
I saw! But going to the borders 'undetected' doesn't make her know the name :P From stories she might, but those stories should have been told in a thread here in Teekon, and I assume that didn't happen? If so then you use OOC knowledge for IC actions. This is a really small thing so I don't mind! I just wanted to know that it was a rule :P <3

Valette looked at the other with a bit of surprise. She had been a lone wolf but had not heard anything from them, but she knew the Silvertips before she joined. "Well I guess that is nice to hear," she spoke and relaxed. Valette wanted to be an scout and hearing about a new pack interested her. "Hinterlands? I have not heard of those. Where does is lay?," she asked curiously. "Can you tell me more about your pack? So I can report that to my alpha?," she asked.
King
"Bad boys aint no good, but good boys aint no fun."
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
It wasn't often that Charley left the glade, but today since he was feeling restless, he decided to follow the sole scent of Darsal out. He didn't like when his subordinates were alone away from home, because who knew what could happen!
The patched man went decently far, thinking about turning back just as Darsals scent hit him. Coming into view of she and another darker female, Charley raised his head and tail and approached like the King he was. He was soon enough to hear Valette's questions of the pack, and though he kept himself calm, he did step in front of Darsal. Giving her a look to back up, Charley took the conversation into his own hands. 
            "Who is asking? My subordinates know better than to give information to those who have no wishes to join our home."
His tone wasn't hostile, not even mean, but it was a little sharper than he'd intended. To help make himself seem a little less mean, the King offered a tip of his head and the smallest of smiles. After all, she was just one girl, and there were two of the Court right now, and nowhere near home. 

Set before the bear attack :3 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked up when a male joined. The female stepped a bit back and dipped her head respectfully. She glanced at Darsal who seemed to keep quiet. The young female cleared her throat. "I am a scout for Silvertip. Darsal wanted to help me out with my trade. So I asked her about the hinterlands and the pack she was joining out of curiosity. If it is all confidential then you don't have to tell me. Any information is welcome, who the leaders are and things like that," she explained calmly.

"You can also tell me about the Hinterlands if you feel more comfortable talking about that instead of your pack," she offered. The girl just wanted to learn more about this pack and its location, mainly the region they lived in. It could be a mission for her to explore it, and gain her ranger trade.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
She showed him due respect, and his stance relaxed a little bit, the smirk widening into a charming style. So, she was a Scout? He knew the jobs of one well, including that of finding out about other packs. While he didn't want to give her valuable information, the prideful man couldn't help but tell a little bit about his home. After all, there wasn't any reason for a pack to come and attack them, not when he'd never even heard of Silvertip. Had he?
          "The Royal Fire Court is setting up a home in Golden Glade, right in the middle of the Hinderlands behind Nimbus Summit. That's the area over the Barrier Mountains, by the way. A few packs seem to be forming there in the warmth of Summer, my wife and I came from Larksong Grotto just a few weeks ago. We're intent on living like royalty, giving our family the life we never had. There are a good few of us there, doing our best to turn it into our forever home."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette listened eagerly to all the names he dropped. She was fascinated by it. "The barrier Mountains? Are they south of here? Those mountains?," she asked curiously. Valette became more excited when he mentioned Larksong. Her eyes widened. "Larksong? Oh my! Then you know Reek!! He is my father!," she let out in her excitement. Technically the girl wasn't related to him but he had adopted her and had been her father figure. She was very close to him.

Oh. I need to explore these Hinterlands soon then," she admitted. "Over those Barrier mountains you said?," she asked to be sure. The girl liked the idea of traveling, she wanted to get a mission soon. She might ask Steady if he wanted a region explored. That might be smart. Then she might be able to finish her ranger specialty.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The girl grew excited, and it poked at a soft part of his heart. She was passionate about her trade, and he respected that. Charley gave her a little bit more just because, well, it was nice to do some good in the world after all he'd done to people. He jerked his muzzle in the direction of his home. 
                       "Yep, those ones over there."
She mentioned that Reek was her father, and surprised covered his face. Reek had a daughter this old? He knew there was one with Tavi, and maybe another litter somewhere, but he'd never mentioned grown ones. 
                                  "Reek and I spent a year of our youth together, and I found him again in the Grotto a year later. He never mentioned a grown kid."
But, if she was close with Reek, she was welcomed with friendliness. For all the reborn Hiram had done to him, Charley couldn't see his old friend as anything than the man who'd become like a brother to him. 
                                                    "If you find yourself by my borders, call. I'll give you a tour for your trade and a meal."
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette followed the direction of his muzzle and then nodded. She had seen those in the distance and knew where to go. The girl nodded slowly and looked at the other, deciding to be honest. "I was in Reek's pack before Larksong with my mother. When she died he adopted me. So he is not my father by blood but he is my father figure and I have been raised by him," he admitted. She didn't want to think of her biological father who as such an ass.

The girl looked surprised when that was offered. "Really? I can't accept that. I would be happy to be allowed to visit your borders," she spoke modestly. Though, it would give valuable information for her as a scout how other packs worked. "If you insist though, I will," she then smiled. "I'm Valette! I live at Silvertip mountain, right behind me!," she offered some information in return.
King
372 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
The girl explained that Reek wasn't her real father, more of the adopted kind, but it changed nothing for the man. She was Reek's daughter, and that was enough for him to trust her. 
She also refused, more or less, but Charley shook his head. Hell, she could have a home in the court for all he would care. A piece of prey and a tour was the least he could do for the daughter of his best friend. Silvertip.... That was one he needed to remember, squinting at the mountain range he assumed she meant. 
              "I DO insist. The name's Charley, Charley Pryor." 
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded instantly. "Nice to meet you Charley Pryor," she spoke to him with a smile. She was pleased to hear about him and his pack. It was something she could report to her alpha. Valette realized she had quite a few friends out there already. She was truly becoming a scout. The young girl was proud of herself.

"I will find you and your pack Charley. I look forward coming to you! I am going back to my parklands now, but thank you, and you too Darsal for speaking to me." Darsal had been quiet but not unfriendly. The young female politely nodded her head in goodbye to the both of them.

-end-