Redhawk Caldera you're a king and i'm a lionheart.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Something stirred within little Liffey that night. While her family slept about her, something compelled her to awaken and look about the dark den. The world was still mostly a blur to her newly opened eyes, and she was yet unaware that the sense she made of it was insignificant in comparison to what she would one day know. But still, the pup clambered to unsteady paws and waddled slowly from the side her mother and those of her siblings, bypassing her father, and striding awkwardly to the mouth of the den.

The child paused as a wave of cold air struck her - cold only because she was unaccustomed to how the night air truly felt outside of the hold of the den which she had never before abandoned. For a moment, the girl wanted to abandon this quest she had set upon herself, but another breeze came in. It came softer this time, and it enticed her. On shaking legs, the pup shuffled forward until she saw the crevice between the ceiling and floor open wider and wider. She slipped to her belly as the sky above began to expand over her head. Fear gripped her, and yet she crept forth until she laid still upon the ground just under the edge of the den's roof.

The girl peered in awe then towards the sky. The world was still mainly a blur, but shapes were growing steadily more focused. In that moment, she saw the dark stalks of trees blurring her view of a paler canvas that was dotted with bright specks. It was upon those specks that the child focused, wondering, thoughtful, and entranced.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Brecheliant
Family
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay had a peaceful dream, in which he and Peter ran through a meadow, playing, collecting cool stuff, all the sort of stuff boys do together. When he awoke, Eljay felt intensely happy at first, but found himself growing sad and hollow a moment later. He felt the compelling urge to check on Peter, but before he managed to leave the den, Eljay came to the shocking realisation that among the sleeping bodies, he was missing a pup.

Adrenaline soared through his body as he quickly departed the den without waking up anyone else. His ears roamed for his little sister's body and actually nearly tripped over her as he departed the den. "Oh, thank goodness you're alright!" Eljay said with a high-pitched squeak gripping his fear-ridden voice, and he quickly leaned down to snuggle Liffey.

are the pups nicknamed yet at this point?
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Oh are they opening their eyes? Here I am twinny <3

Lagan had noticed that his sister was moving about. Soon she was no longer by his side. Lagan didn't mind, in fact he liked it when the girls weren't kicking him and smacking him. But when her heard a voice, and sensed more movement, he raised his little head to look around. His eyes had opened, but he still could only see outlines and colors. Basically the world was a blur, so it was hard to tell mommy and papa apart because to him they both looked like silver blobs. In fact, so did his twin and big bro. At least he knew his other sister, she was more like a pile of soot.

Intrigued by all the commotion, Lagan came to his wobbly feet. Being born during the famine had its down sides, for instance his legs were weaker than they should be and sometimes it was hard to lift his oversized head. But he was determined to get to Liffey, so he tumbled over but got back up. Finally he made it to big bro and twinny. Lagan flopped happily on his back next to Liffey, turning his head to nibble at her ear. As he moved his head around to look at things, he noticed something. It was dark out, everything was  pretty much black, except for those specks in the sky. Were they bugs? Lagan waggled his paw in the air trying to catch the stars.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
I think they will be named shortly in a Fin thread I have happening right now, so I'd say it's cool to go ahead with the nicknames :)

Liffey barely noticed when she was joined by her brothers. She twisted to peer up at Eljay as he stumbled overhead. She greeted him with a happy grin and a wag of her stubby tail and accepted his cuddles with a flurry of affectionate licks upon his broad cheek. Parting her jaws, she nipped his cheekbone lightly, pawed at his muzzle, and then woofed up at the sky. It was her way of trying to draw his attention to it, which was really about the best she could manage at that point in her life.

She spun when Lagan joined them but did nothing to try and exit Eljay's embrace. Happily, she smacked her paws against the ground at her twin, exclaiming to him brightly. "Buh! Buh! Ah!" she commented happily, lifting a paw high in the air before smacking it down again into the ground.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Brecheliant
Family
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
When Liffey eagerly accepted his affection and smothered his cheek in licks, he lay down on the ground in the den's mouth, placing his paws on either side of her. Lagan was soon to join them and Eljay made some space between his paws for Lagan to join in the cuddles too, if he wanted to. "Hey buddy," he said with an affectionate tone to his voice as he made space and nudged Lagan to Liffey's side so they were both between the space of his forelegs.

Liffey then pointed out the sky, he guessed, since she looked up at it and made babbling noises. "Oh, is that right? Yap, the sky is pretty amazing, isn't it?" Eljay smiled softly as he looked at the skies, then touched his nose to Liffey and Lagan's foreheads in turn. He felt at peace in the presence of his siblings, glad to be spending time with them.
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan fumbled up when his big brother, who looked a lot like mommy and papa, and stood next to his sister. Liffey was smacking her feet in front of him and babbling happily. Excitedly, Lagan shuffled his feet and smacked a little white paw on top of his twins. Ooma! Pah! He giggled happily, stomping his feet and wriggling his booty. When he and his twin turned their attention towards the stars, big bro started talking. He didn't understand of course, but turned his head to Eljay as if he was listening. Eljay booped his head, and Lagan purred with joy. Head boops were like the coolest thing ever!

He turned from the stars towards his big bro, and reared up on his hind legs. Reaching for Eljay's face, he stumbled forwards into his brother's chest fur, grabbing onto the fluff and staring up and Eljay. Da?! He said excitedly, little tail wagging as he snuggled into Eljay's chest, unknowingly whomping Liffey in the face with his tail. Lagan felt so safe and cozy with his siblings, he almost forgot it was nighttime and that he used to be tired. He was wide awake now.
Brecheliant
Family
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
finishing this since liffey's a ppc now :)

Eljay smiled at his little siblings, feeling happy to be with them. He sighed happily when suddenly Lagan let out a word — da. Eljay's eyes widened and he gasped in excitement, smiling and his tail whirred as he said, "Aww, you said a word! That's right, da! I mean, I'm not your da, but you still said a word! Yay!" He nosed Lagan's cheek and let his tongue roll out in a lick, closing his eyes briefly while he let out a soft 'hmm'.