Stone Circle Never met a mother f*cker quite like me
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
All Welcome 
Steady growled with pleasure once he and @Valette had successful run the sisters off. He could taste her blood in his mouth, knew that he had inflicted some pain, especially on her face. He lifted his muzzle to towards the sky and howled his victory. He figured it would have been right if Valette joined in, too, but he was too busy feeling high and mighty to worry about that much. His tail stood high, fluffed out with his hackles. With a chuff of satisfaction, he turned and headed back to his territory, assuming Valette would follow. I mean to keep my promise, he told her. If I ever see her again, she won't live to see another day. Betrayal was one of the worst things a wolf could do to Steady and his family, and it was something he would never forgive. But, let it be known that I don't expect anyone in the pack to do that if they don't feel comfortable. He felt it important that his family know they weren't expected to carry out his promises. It was something he said, something he felt, and he knew the others weren't really fighters. He would not expect them to kill simply so that his word could be kept.

Along the way, he couldn't help but try to engage Valette in some play, attempting to nip at her shoulder, though not in the way he had done to Eden's flank. He was rejoicing, and he wanted her to join in. The adrenaline was still coursing through his body, pumping him full of testosterone and dominance. But, there was no one to direct it towards now that the betrayers were driven out of his home. So, he tried to turn it into some rough mouthing towards Valette. 

They reached the borders, and Steady began to mark them, covering Eden's blood with his urine. Her scent was no longer welcomed here, and he made sure to cover it well. When he was finished, he was finally beginning to come down off his high, though he couldn't help but try and head butt Valette's shoulder. It had been a while since he had fought, and he was glad to have someone he trusted by his side. 

He paused and turned towards her, voicing his thought. You know, the pack has grown quite a bit, and it's been harder and harder for me to manage it on my own. But, I've realized since we've moved that I haven't been alone. You've been there, doing everything a Beta should. If you'll accept, I'd like to formally promote you. They hadn't spoken about it, and he hadn't mentioned to anyone that he was thinking of promoting someone into leadership ranks. Part of him felt guilty, as if he was replacing Ezekiel. But, he wasn't. There were two Beta spots, and if Ezekiel was found, he would be more than welcome to reclaim his spot. But, Steady hoped it would be beside Valette. She had proven herself adept at providing for the pack, and now she proved she could defend it alongside Steady, as well. He waited for her response, hope showing through his eyes.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had blood on her tongue too, wolf blood. It was the first time she had this taste on her lips, it wasn't that different from deer blood really. She didn't really want to stop chasing Eden. The sister had split off before but Valette had focussed more on Eden herself. She didn't want to stop but she followed Steady's lead. When he howled she joined him and let them know they were never again welcome in this region. Something very bold coming from Valette. She was normally the kind one, ambitious and honest, but kind. "I understand and I will let the others know."

Valette trotted back with Steady to their home. But it seemed that the alpha was still hyped. Valette hadn't seen anything like it before as her energy levels were slowly draining to her normal level. She jumped away from his nip which turned into a playful dance between the two. With Eden's hormones in the air before and Steady displaying such dominance it was kind of attractive to the young female to see such display. However with a quick snap of her reasonable mind and the reminder that Steady was already mated her brief moment of fascination was gone. She let Steady get all his energy levels down which helped her calm down too.

They arrived home and she watched how the male made sure to make every trace of Eden was replaced by his own scent. Valette watched him with slight amusement though she understood the message he was sending. Eden was no more. Her ears swiveled forward when Steady started speaking. "M-me?," she let out. She was so surprised but so honored too, because she worked hard to climb this social ladder. She had been very ambitious. Then she thought about Ezekiel and how his former rank was being Beta. She would... replace him? "I'd like to," she spoke then. "But.. What about Ezekiel?," she whispered sadly. She missed him, while being also upset he left her. She hoped he had a good reason.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Valette seemed to somewhat humor his hyperactivity, though he could tell that she wasn't into it as much as he. He supposed he understood. She was not a fighter like he was; she was friendly towards everyone. They were like black and white, yin and yang, when it came to this. But, she seemed to put that aside, and he was glad that she could back him up to run the sisters out of town.

He thought she would immediately accept the promotion, but he could tell she had reservations, and he understood them when she asked about Ezekiel. When Ezekiel returns, and I hope he does, as long as his absence was not purposeful, he will still have his Beta spot, if you don't mind the two of you working together, he explained. There was something there between them, he thought at least. Neither had spoken of it, and he hadn't brought it up either. But, she had spent a lot of time looking for him. Then again, Steady would have been out there with her searching if he could have. Still, they seemed to get along, even as friends, and he hoped they could as co-Betas, too. 
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette licked the blood of her lips as Steady spoke. She nodded, liking his words. Perhaps he would return soon enough and then they were both Betas. She liked that. "Thank you. Yes," she agreed. "I hope he returns soon." Though she quickly pushed her sadness away. She had been sad for too long. Her tail started to wag. "I'm a beta!," she let out breathlessly and smiled.

Valette remembered that one time in Phoenix Maplewood when she hunted with them and she just joined the adult ranks. No more pup privileges. She worked so hard and she only got the scraps. From that day on she would not stop working until she got a better rank. Frankly her rank had always been good in this pack. But now she was in the upper ranks. She couldn't really go higher and she was super proud of herself for achieving this. "I won't let you down!"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She had her reservations, but it seemed Steady had put them to rest with the promise that Ezekiel would not be put out of his position upon his return. Steady couldn't imagine that his brother would simply abandon them, and knew it would take a lot to keep him away. It didn't give him any comfort, however, fearing that his friend was harmed in some way and that was what was preventing him from coming home. At the very least, he hoped Ezekiel had a good idea that this was where they would be.

Valette accepted her new position, and Steady beamed. You're Beta! he replied to her exclamation, as excited as she was. She told him that she wouldn't let him down and he gave her a soft smile. I know you won't, he said softly. There had been so many changes in such a little time, but he was confident that not only Valette could handle the position, but she would hold it for the foreseeable future.

He couldn't help but prance around her, his energy still high, though it held no dominance now. We should do something! he said excitedly. Like-like.... I dunno, a celebration hunt or something! We can celebrate our new home and your promotion! He stopped long enough to look at her to see how she felt about the idea.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's tail started to wag excitedly when the male confirmed that she was the beta of the pack. Her pack! She had worked so hard and it paid of. She never really planned to become Beta though, just useful for her pack and well, being beta did make her useful. Or she liked to think that. She nodded when Steady confirmed that the believed in her. "Thank you," she spoke feeling a bit flustered. She gave him a lick over his cheek to go along with her verbal thank you.

She laughed softly at Steady's racing and happiness. It was very contagious and even she got excited from it. "Yes!," she agreed. A celebration would be good, especially to rekindle their bonds. "I'd stay we have a pack hunt, or at least the hunters could catch a deer and we could have a feast! In the circle!" Valette's mind then startled rattling. They could play games and have fun with one another. Grooming sessions to strengthen bonds, become a real family. "I know Grayday likes to hunt, and Adeline too. Anita helped me once so that makes four. We could take down a deer!," she suggested, and then the others could feast.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Valette seemed so excited, and Steady was excited for her. He felt that this was the right move, both for her and for the family. She had proven herself time and time again that she was dedicated to helping out, and he was glad to promote her for all her hard word. He froze a moment when she licked him. While he was used to doing it with others, Niita had been the only one to return it, well, besides Adeline. It was a new sensation coming from Valette.

But, he let it go, his tail wagging and his smile reappearing on his maw as she wholeheartedly agreed to the hunt, and began naming off what they could go after and who would help. And, me, he added with a laugh, since it seemed she had forgotten. And having it in the circle sounds perfect, he confirmed. It was quickly becoming his favorite spot in the territory. Set it up, and howl for everyone, he said. Oh, he added. You'll get to approve new members without me now. I trust your judgement, though, so no need to confirm with me before you do, he explained with a smile. And he did trust her. What they just had to do was difficult, but Valette had done it with him, for the better of the family. He knew she wasn't usually a fighter, but sometimes there was simply no way around it. 

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette smiled at Steady when he confirmed her new duties and spoke once again with so much trust in her. She loved the idea that he trusted her so much. It was not even an idea, it was an reality. She smiled at him, and almost wanted to shower him with kisses again just because she was so excited but she kept it to herself. "Thank you, Steady," she smiled.

"I will let out a howl when we caught enough for everyone and we can have a big celebration meal!," she hummed. She could already picture it. Valette knew the perks of a higher rank. And especially she as a hunter liked to have the perks of the best meat. Though even as a middle class wolf she didn't have any lack of nutrients, she still didn't mind to have more nutrients. It was only natural to want to best for herself. "I will keep you up to date alright?," she promised.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
She confirmed she would howl when the feast was ready, and he gave a nod that he heard her. Great! I’m sure everyone will enjoy it, he replied. It would be their first big hunt in their new home, and he hoped it was a good one. I know you will, he said with a smile. She had never wavered in telling him what he needed to know, and he knew he need not worry that she would keep him up to date.

He gave her one more nudge to her muzzle, before he turned and headed back towards the heart of the territory. He knew word about Eden and Alyssum’s departure would spread quickly, but he didn’t want that to overshadow Valette’s new promotion to Beta, which Steady felt was much more important right now.